Doctor Who [9]

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Doctor Who [9]

Post by azriel on Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:18 pm

They had Peter Capaldi on BBC1's "The One Show" tonight. I didnt watch it as I was wazzed out from having a fantastic family day at Hever castle in Kent  Very Happy  Dont know then if he hinted or spilled the beans about anything ?

azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Re: Doctor Who [9]

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:29 pm

I saw some of it and Capaldi was careful to be spoiler free- but the poor sod also looked completely jet lagged having just arrived back from Mexico or wherever the world tour last was- he has been all round the globe in less than a week!

Gingerlocks and the Three McTyrants

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H on Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:34 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote: but the poor sod also looked completely jet lagged having just arrived back from Mexico or wherever the world tour last was- he has been all round the globe in less than a week!

He must have known the job of Time Lord was dangerous when he took it.

David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië on Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:38 pm

Yeah, my thoughts exactly, and that he'd have to do a lot of traveling.  Rolling Eyes 

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

Today the Shire, DarkPlanet cat. Tomorrow... THE WORLD!

#amarieco
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:22 pm

I suspect its a lot easier in a TARDIS than by airplane!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:18 pm

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce 

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce 

Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel on Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:55 pm

Excited little bunny arent you !  Razz 

azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:36 pm

Does it show?  Very Happy 

Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel on Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:24 pm

Only a bit, I had to really think it thru !  Smile 

azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan on Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:58 pm

Jumping in first with some initial  thoughts on Deep Breath

Spoiler:
-The story didn't seem like a strong enough one as a jumping on point for a new doctor (i.e I don't think it pushed Capaldi enough into territory other doctor wouldn't go), though it defintely feels like the start of a new era
-The Paternaster Gang remain incredily annoying, though Strax is funny in small doses
-The new theme tune is terrible, thogh I like the new credits alot
-Didn't justify 75 minutes-too slow, though alot of intereting character beats, the first 15 minutes were a mess, end of.
-Obvious metaphor alert with the veil thing
-I don't think this episode would be a good jumping on point for new viewers
-The Clara haters can go eat a bag of sharp rocks, loved her in this, in many ways Jenna Coleman carried this she  was Brilliant.

-Honestly...a rather weak storyline, seemed like a third or fourth episode, seemed more interested in telling us the doctor has changed rather than giving him a story to prove it
-Victorian London Again?
-Either Moffat is as lazy as people say, or he's leaving some interesting oppurtunites for Big Finish, becuase we don't leap striaght from The End of Time of the Doctor (how did they get into the dinosaur?) and it's implied that the Doctor travles alone for a fair amount before returing to pick up Clara. Hmm
-So they are adressing his face in the Fires of Pompei? I'm intrigued
-lots of great one liners
-Very different direction from Ben Wheately, felt kinda odd but unsettling all the same
-Creppy Bad Guys
-Liked the cinematography, and general tone

-As for Capaldi...he can Act no doubt about it, I'm really liking his interpretation of the character thus far, even if this episode didn't give us enough to go on, though I think he might be a bit inwardly muted and too spiky for younger viewers. A friend of mine commented that he didn't have a 'wow that's the doctor' moment, I guess that's the point they are making, but taking a few eps/season to find a doctors feet is a risky move-look how that worked for Colin Baker

-Not sure if this was aimed at adults or kids...MUCH darker than I was expecting.

-Purely from this episode, I get the feeling the Valeyard may just be happening some time in the future after all.

-The Lesbain marriage thing was about as subtle as Petty's Hobbit Parody's. Decide for yourself if that is a good thing...

-Less Timey Wimey, screwdriver shizzle, so that's a good thing.

-Dosen't completely feel like a smith or Classic ho story, but a bit of both

-The main Villian was visually creepy but not all that interesting though the Heaven arc seems intriguing.

-This is going to be a Marmite episode, definitely seems liked critics favored it more

Overall an interesting start to a new era, but a very mixed bag, I would give a 6-7/10 overall but the episode was so mixed for me I'm not sure I can grade it or not, though unlike Desolation of Canon I'm actually quite looking forward to re watching it.

Figgs you hated it didn't you?

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:05 am

I'm not reading any of this. I'm actually looking forward to watching it tonight. First time I've been keen to watch Who for a long long time* -- ever since Chris Ecclestone actually. I couldn't quite climb out of bed at 5am - probably just as well. I would have been tired and grumpy no doubt. Peter Capaldi is almost exactly my age -- the perfect age for a proper Dr Who. I'm optimistic. (Thirteen year old Dr Who's, I mean to say.  Rolling Eyes At last, a return to credibility - I hope!)

I had never seen the Davidson and Peri regen scene btw. They were a lovely pair obviously.

{{{I also saw the scene where Peri is saved from drowning. Well, well, well... how did I miss Dr Who in that era?  Sad   }}}

*Admittedly, I really like Clara Oswald - she's the new Sarah Jane for me. It will be like Pertwee and Sarah again. Enough of the Romatic tosh. The Companion shouldn't be the Doctor's love interest but her own person!!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad .... though if you wants be Peri-like - that's okay... so long as it's what she wants to do and not just what I want her to do.  Embarassed {{{I can't image Clara being like that - which doesn't disappoint me anywhere near as much as I would have thought it would - now I'm thinking about it... must be losing my mojo... must be all the Survivialisizing I'm doing wearing me out and making me far too deep and meaningful for my own good...}}}

Last edited by Orwell on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total

From "The True Tale of the Un-magical Coal Scuttle."
Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:09 am

Curses, how can I see it!

Where did I eat bread and cheese?
Search inside, stay indoors,
Look up and find the secret is yours.
Your castle your fort,
Or so you thought.
The way is in four trees.
The way is in Boar in Brockhall
Under ale, under bread, under cheese.

-Mossflower, by Brian Jacques.
Forest Shepherd
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:14 am

See what - the Peri regen scene?

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:16 am

Well Deep Breath of course. But apparently it's not quite out yet?

Your castle your fort,
Or so you thought.

Forest Shepherd
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:23 am

What's Deep Breath?

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:24 am

Oh I see! I thought you might be referring to my first reaction when I saw the Peri regen scene? Silly me.  Very Happy  

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel on Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:43 am

I saw the episode, and I really liked it! Some great dialogue, though Capaldi is a bit hard to understand...

Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd on Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:00 am

His accent is hard to understand?
Or perhaps do you mean his acting style doesn't fit the Doctor very well.

Your castle your fort,
Or so you thought.

Forest Shepherd
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:18 am

I watched it & I liked it, I woke up this morning still liking it  Very Happy 

Spoiler:
I did have my reservations about this new Dr but, I can now see Capaldi was a good choice. I agree with Malick on a few points, I wanted to know how the Dr got inside a T-Rex, it seemed to me to be silly to have that little plot in this episode if you werent taking it furthur ?  Im not sure if this beginning is gonna pull in newbies ? dedicated fans will like it Im sure but new fans might think "Er ?" especially with the lovely lizard lady ! I felt Clara was the glue that held it together,mainly because this was easy to follow for us 'oldies  Razz  but newbies as Ive said before would get lost. I liked Capaldi's confused state, I thought he played it very well ! Confused,disorientated but trying to hold it together & get a job done, I agree his diction was a bit off, I missed a few words along the way. I do like his 'look' I heard him say about a scarf & dismiss it  Smile Villian  had potential to be really scarey but that quickly died off ,sadly, I like being scared. I think it was good that Clara & Dr are learning to trust each other again & that it hasnt slipped back into a 'cosy pair of slippers' situation. Shows how a change of face can change your feelings ? Im not keen on the new music but, I guess IL except it. I do like the credits tho ! Fresher, liked it. Lesbian scene ? new fans might again think "Aye ?" I feel there is something definitely uneasy about this Dr  Nod  I think Capaldi is bringing a touch of the old Dr from way back when, a touch of strange mysticism with dark undertones.This,is a Dr capable of anything.

azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:23 am

cheers 
That's more likes than dislikes!
Although I haven't heard from Mrs. Figg or Petty yet...

Your castle your fort,
Or so you thought.

Forest Shepherd
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:26 am

I'm still waiting until 7.40pm to watch it. I even resisted Azriel's spoiler. I am being soo strong.  Very Happy {{{Very manly in fact, Azriel! }}} 

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:37 am

I admire your staying power Orwell, a mark of a true man  Nod Very Happy 

azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:20 am

Your castle your fort,
Or so you thought.

Forest Shepherd
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:26 am

Laughing 

azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:07 pm

Clara is the new Sarah Jane. She goes better with Peter than Matt. I liked it. Peter is good. Best since Chris - and probably better. I'll wait and see.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top