The New Catchat Thread [2]

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Go down

Re: The New Catchat Thread [2]

Post by azriel on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:14 pm

That was one of the funniest things Ive seen ! That cat was fantastic Very Happy Show's they are just as nutty as us Smile

azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:47 pm

azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:58 pm

That's sort of reminiscent of a book someone wrote called "It was on Fire When I Laid Down on It"

I read the introduction. He said he was struck by an interview of an old man who was pulled out of a burning house (or rest home, not sure which), which had started in his mattress.  When asked if he noticed anything unusual about the mattress before or while he was laying on it, he gave the answer above.

The author spun this into some mishmash rhapsody about how amazing it is the way old folks can just let go, not worry about things, live in the past. It's like they are on a higher plane of existence.  He thought it was wonderful.

I think the author's an idiot.  Having gone through back surgery and feeling 100 years old at the time, I know how you can feel totally worn down and tired, to the point that a little thing like a smouldering mattress just doesn't offer a present enough danger when you NEED to lie down.  Some old folks may have enough trouble dealing with the minute-by-minute challenges of life that anything that can put off to maybe 10 minutes in the future will be.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel on Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:07 pm

Razz I totally agree with you. Somethings you put into a priority table, a score of 1 to 10, A smouldering mattress ? with this pain ? hell, I give it a 1 & we'll see what happens Smile

azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum