Twin Peaks

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Twin Peaks

Post by Bluebottle on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:24 pm

Fair point, certainly. Smile But while season one seems to me really special, season two has kind of sort of strayed into the generic. (I guess that's partly down to taste and the sort of story you enjoy to though. (The whole thriller thing never really gripped me, in much any form.)) Shrugging

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:31 pm

{{I'd say hold on in there for the return of Frost and Lynch to direct control- its worth it- then definitely watch Fire Walk With Me (youtube link a page back- I checked and its not an edited version or cut version, but it is an 18- and its the proper version (the original dvd release hardcoded subtitles to the Red Room Lodge scenes, and worst of all a nightclub scene, where its deliberate the music is too loud to clearly hear more than bits and pieces, its meant to be like being in a nightclub! Mad Fortunately the uploaded version is the latter no subs versions.}}}

Gingerlocks and the Three McTyrants

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle on Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:27 pm

I'll certainly keep watching but I must admit my enthusiasm has dropped a tad. (Interesting to hear about the executives getting involved. That does seem to spell doom and gloom for most shows.) Smile

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:54 pm

{{It wasn't so much the execs got involved, it was more no one got involved as such, at least not in an overall sense. Lynch and Frost kind of lost interest a bit really and drifted off to other projects, episodes were very much the individual offspring of that weeks director and writers. Each director was given free reign pretty much to make of it what they would, shoot at as they wanted to, treat each episode as if it was their own mini-film.
This is actually quite good to a point, allowing young adventurous directors and writers as Lynch himself had been to do their stuff themselves, with only casual oversight from Lynch and Frost.
But it was to the detriment of any sense of coherence or direction.
Two things Lynch and Frost brought back to it fortunately before the end.}}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:01 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{I agree. Blue Velvet is excellent, well worth a watch. And more young Kyle for you Norc Very Happy I'm also a fan of Mulholland Drive and the Straight Story, as well as The Elephant Man. All great films in my view.}}}}

http://www.fanedit.org/featured-fanedit-in-the-works-mulholland-drive-the-pilot/

Interesting. I wonder if this fanedit will be anything like Lynch envisioned it, or just a new take on it.

EDIT: Turns out it's a recreation of one of the cuts that was turned into ABC (but was turned down, eventually). Apparently he hated it, and was forced to butcher the pacing, amount of violence, etc. He even said he would burn the remaining VHS copies floating around if he could. Yikes.

Last edited by davidjoneshoward on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:07 pm

{{An interesting idea- I imagine everything after the blue box opens would be gone- including therefore Club Silencio- which is a shame if so.}}}

{{Best not to watch if you plan on seeing the film- though saying watching a bit of any of Mulholland Drive is giving any of the plot away is probably a stretch, as one of the things about watching it is figuring out what the hell the plot actually is, and its delightful when you do  Very Happy (or at least one that works for you)}}

Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:19 pm

I've seen the movie (on the big screen Nod; one of the best things about living in NYC), and that was one of the most confusing scenes in the movie, albeit the best. The whole movie is pretty dark, dense and cryptic, much more so than twin peaks, but I guess that comes with an R rated movie vs a TV-PG show. I was also pretty tired in the theatre, but was delightedly woken up by a certain scene :brows:

Last edited by davidjoneshoward on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:21 pm

{{{Indeed...delightful Nod bounce I would say the Club Silencio scene, if you'll excuse the punning, is the lynch-pin of the story Very Happy }}}

Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:46 pm

I was referring to this scene (not this edited version of course)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDeJwB4I9K0
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:55 pm

{{So was I bounce }}}

Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:59 pm

Thumbs Up Thought you meant the Club Silencio scene, as you mentioned it right after you responded.
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:21 pm

{{{Well worth a watch}}}

Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle on Fri May 13, 2016 12:40 am

You know, the further I get into this show, the more I agree with Homer. scratch

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Sat May 14, 2016 9:34 pm

{{{Yes but the fun is in working it out, or at least working out what it all means to you Nod }}}

Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top