Twin Peaks

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: Twin Peaks

Post by bungobaggins on Tue May 15, 2018 11:52 pm

Still haven't seen the season 3. Hope it's good.

bungobaggins
The Mayor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Wed May 16, 2018 4:36 am

{{ Do keep us informed of your viewing progress Halfy Nod 

Bungo- its as different to series 1, 2 as they are from each other. It has a completely different tone and feel- bit like the shift from the tv series to Fire Walk With Me (which I would say is a much watch before series 3 if you haven't seen it yet otherwise some things will not connect). As to good- well its Lynch and very Lynch at that! }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Wed May 16, 2018 12:56 pm

I'm not sure very Lynch is always very good. Eraserhead for example. I could take about half an hour of it.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Wed May 16, 2018 2:30 pm

{{Thats why I said rather been good it was just Lynch. I dont think adjectives like good and bad really apply to a Lynch work as more than most tv or film its designed to create responses within the viewer that's a result of their very personal reaction tot he imaginary, sounds and ideas. This is true of all tv and film of course, at least in the aim of it, just Lynch is kind of a pure version of it. he isnt interested in a narrative in the conventional sense of the idea or as a means to explain anything so much as he is interested in the reaction to narrative and letting the viewer apply their own interpretation of an explanation to it. }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Fri May 18, 2018 3:59 am

On the third episode the tendency of Lynch to produce reactive rather than logical scenes is evident. Up to this point Agent Cooper had been presented as a sort of Sherlock Holmes type, but then we see him pitching rocks at a bottle to intuit who the murderer was. Totally set up just for the oddness of the scene with no logic whatsoever. It worked as a compellingly quirky scene, which is why they did it; but otherwise made no sense and didn't even progress the plot.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Fri May 18, 2018 4:21 am

but otherwise made no sense and didn't even progress the plot.- Halfwise

{{ I'd disagree on both points for reasons I cant go into, but I'd say in the first series of Peaks at least nothing is pointless and nothing is wasted }}

Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum