The Desolation of TV News

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Desolation of TV News

Post by Mrs Figg on Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:25 am

Thought we should have a separate thread for movie news, when it arrives.

admin  can cancel this if you don't like it.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Re: The Desolation of TV News

Post by Eldorion on Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:58 am

Do you mean TV news? scratch

I like Wood's and Astin's takes on it, though their confusion on the TV series was (like a lot of ours) partially because it was still unclear a week ago what exactly the TV series was going to be. Not that we know for sure yet but at least it's been confirmed that it won't be Silmarillion-related but also not a LOTR remake.

I would kinda prefer that the series be a more or less fresh slate though. I don't necessarily expect it to be a significantly more faithful take (though it's hard to compare directly since by the nature of the spin-off they'll have to invent a lot of material), but I don't want it to be set in the PJ-verse. That's not so much because of my beef with PJ (I do after all have mixed feelings about his work as a whole and mostly positive feelings about the first trilogy), but more because I don't find the idea of watching someone other than PJ fill in the corners of his work very exciting.
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

http://nolondil.tumblr.com/essays

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:04 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:30 pm

Eldorion wrote:Do you mean TV news? scratch

I like Wood's and Astin's takes on it, though their confusion on the TV series was (like a lot of ours) partially because it was still unclear a week ago what exactly the TV series was going to be. Not that we know for sure yet but at least it's been confirmed that it won't be Silmarillion-related but also not a LOTR remake.

I would kinda prefer that the series be a more or less fresh slate though. I don't necessarily expect it to be a significantly more faithful take (though it's hard to compare directly since by the nature of the spin-off they'll have to invent a lot of material), but I don't want it to be set in the PJ-verse. That's not so much because of my beef with PJ (I do after all have mixed feelings about his work as a whole and mostly positive feelings about the first trilogy), but more because I don't find the idea of watching someone other than PJ fill in the corners of his work very exciting.
yeah TV news, changed it. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top