Kony 2012

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kony 2012

Post by Norc on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:18 pm

Thank you Eldo for your answer ^^
I've been thinking. All this about money going not exactly where they were suppost to go, it goes for many non-profit orginasasastiondskdl. org. And if their goal is to create awarness, then they have made it. And, as it says, it is an experiment, and ofcourse, people putting up posters and all won't help.. really. But if governement and people with actual power do something because the poeple ddemand it, that's something isn't it? and it is an experiment, so if we can do this, if we "arrest" Kony, just imagen what els we can do. Think about climat change for example! If we pull this of, maybe there's hope in humanity after all. Just saying Wink

and.. ofcourse making films and travel around on seminars cost money and where would they be without the video.

Norc
Khaleesi

http://www.bluetomorrow.blogg.no

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten on Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:39 pm

Norc wrote: and it is an experiment, so if we can do this, if we "arrest" Kony, just imagen what els we can do. Think about climat change for example! If we pull this of, maybe there's hope in humanity after all. Just saying Wink

Well put, Norc Smile

Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:53 am

The latest news on this front is that Jason Russel, the director/narrator of Kony 2012 (the one who talks to his son in the video) was arrested in San Diego on Thursday for a possibly drunken rampage in which he allegedly ran around the streets naked, vandalizing cars, and masturbating in public. There's also video of part of the incident (it has nudity but nothing too bad).

According to the group, Russel was suffering from "exhaustion, dehydration, and malnutrition". He was apparently not arrested but is in a psychiatric institution being evaluated and given care. The video should stand or fall on its own, but this was so surreal that I wanted to share it. You can read the full story, but the first paragraph is the most memorable part.

The blonde-haired, blue-eyed, Christian filmmaker behind the Internet’s most recent famous activism campaign, “Kony 2012,” has been arrested. For masturbating. And being drunk. And vandalizing cars. In public. In the morning.

Last edited by Eldorion on Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Eldorion
Lord of Forumshire

http://eldorion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion on Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:08 am

Also, NBC San Diego, who helped break the story, has the absolutely perfect article in their "top stories" column next to the headline. Laughing

Eldorion
Lord of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:20 am

Got to love life just for it being so bloody weird.

"A lot of our heroes depress me. But when they made this particular hero they didn't give him a gun, they gave him a screwdriver so he could fix things. They didn't give him a tank, or a warship, or an x-wing fighter, they gave him a call box from which you can call for help. And they didn't give him a superpower, or pointy ears or a heat ray, they gave him an extra heart. And that's an extraordinary thing.
There will never come a time when we don't need a hero like the Doctor."- Steven Moffat

Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:07 am

I saw the news and thought, "Kony? What was that Kony thing? Oh yes, that thing that raised all that intense but fleeting outrage in us all!" Very Happy

The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom: H. L. Mencken

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:57 pm

That looked suspiciously like Orwell from behind. Embarassed Moon

no but really is that him? I wonder whats has happened, I guess he wont be showing his kid photos and saying "who is the weird naked guy?".

Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:03 pm

{{{Sweet Son of Eru --I think I've been outed.... I better let Odo know... Shocked }}}

The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom: H. L. Mencken

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:05 pm

{{{Never mind, Orwell, I've put the money we collected somewhere very very safe... cyclops }}}

odo banks
Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:no but really is that him? I wonder whats has happened, I guess he wont be showing his kid photos and saying "who is the weird naked guy?".

Eldorion
Lord of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:35 pm

I hope the other kid's Mums at playgroup don't recognise that poor kid. He'll grow up being that kid in the 'my Dad masturbates publicly' pic! Shocked Maybe he wouldn't want that notoriety as he grows up. Tasteless and thoughtless 'joke' really. Oh well! If we get a laugh out of the poor kid, that's all that matters I s'pose....

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:03 pm

He already is "that kid" or "that guy's kid" since he was in the Konyo movie (which I still haven't seen btw), that he'd be further used in stuff like this doesn't surprise me. He's an easy target, an obvious joke, "just saying what everybody is thinking". It feeds the critics who said he shouldn't have been used in the movie, but no matter how you look at it I wish people would have the decency to let the kid be. Sad

"Common sense and a sense of humor is the same thing, moving at different speeds.
A sense of humor is just common sense. Dancing."
-William James

Dialects man... Dialects
-Norc

#amarieco

Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:23 pm

seriously, say whatever you like about the guy, but please, leave the kid out of it, he is too small to understand internett and haven't said yes to this shit, his father did. so, srsly, leave the kid alone.

Norc
Khaleesi

http://www.bluetomorrow.blogg.no

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirabella on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:40 pm

I'm looking up the Forumshire Law Manual -- I think Lord Ladedah Eldorion might be getting a ticket soon for posting Inappropriate Pics!

And to think he had the nerve to rebuke Orwell for that 'break a few eggs' comment? Shocked Look what he's prepared to do! Harm the psychology of defenseless children... Orwell (lovely hobbit I love you ) would never stoop that low! Eldorion has no conscience, methinks -- just pretends he's got one! The hypocrite! Rolling Eyes

Mirabella
Woman strong enough to not fear beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:26 pm

Orwell wrote:He'll grow up being that kid in the 'my Dad masturbates publicly' pic! Shocked

Yeah, I'm sure that this picture will be seen by millions of people and make the kid a household name. Think of all the people who never would have heard of Kony 2012, Jason Russell, or his son if it wasn't for that picture. Oh wait, those people don't exist, because anyone seeing that picture online is practically guaranteed to be familiar with Kony 2012 already even if they haven't seen the video. Rolling Eyes

Eldorion
Lord of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top