Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined.

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Re: Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined.

Post by Eldorion on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:36 am

Congratulations on getting everything turned in, Norc! cheers
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Re: Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined.

Post by halfwise on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:23 pm

How does somebody get thrown out of club for doing air guitar?

Glad you celebrated, even gladder we got to hear about it! Twisted Evil Sounds like properly blurry night. I think you should follow up on the air guitar guy.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg on Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:36 pm

"when he heard i was a 94-model, that i was too old."

Laughing  that's very funny.

Shocked  feels like Tutankhamun spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc on Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:05 pm

thanks guys for the support! I survived!

halfwise wrote:How does somebody get thrown out of club for doing air guitar?
no idea how they thought air guitar wasn't festive. they also made him walk home without his jacket.. in snowy, freezing weather. drunk.
halfwise wrote:
Glad you celebrated, even gladder we got to hear about it! Twisted Evil  Sounds like properly blurry night.  I think you should follow up on the air guitar guy.

i think so too... but my heart got broken a week ago, not sure i want to try again any time soon..
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:11 pm

Tell him you're on the rebound and may break his heart out of spite. That's usually a solid start and I'm not kidding. Gets all the crap out of the way right up front.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc on Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:34 pm

but i think he fell into a relationship with someone he hooked up with during that drunk couple of weeks at the beginning of term.. and fell as in he tripped on some pussy and got stuck. (that's my hope at least)
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:38 pm

Ah well. Put him in storage, may come in useful later.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:28 pm

Norc wrote:as in he tripped on some pussy and got stuck

No I remember that happening to Mrs Figg (the one in Harry Potter I mean, not our Mrs Figg).
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:32 pm

halfwise wrote:Ah well.  Put him in storage, may come in useful later.

thats such a dangerous way of thinking but i am so guilty of that...
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion on Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:52 am

I'm not sure if this is an actual sentence written by a human being or if it was generated by some sort of buzzword algorithm but either way it made it into the lecture notes for a class I'm taking this semester.

A 2011 IBM study concluded that creative leaders who "embrace the dynamic tension between creative disruption and operational efficiency can create new models of extraordinary value."
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion on Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:39 am

This is really fucking with me so I tried to find the original source and got a summary of the study from IBM's website, which states that "[b]y harnessing the energy of opposites, creative leaders and their organizations can benefit from new assumptions that replace less effective 'either/or' approaches", which leads to such mind-blowing insights as:

Finding solutions to complex problems requires both analytical and creative thinking styles working together

Creative leadership is about seeking opportunities for shared value creation, even in the toughest of times and the most difficult of circumstances

Complex systems (for example, the human body) are able to adapt in an orderly fashion to unexpected challenges because their many distinctive parts work smoothly together
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by David H on Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:11 am

Rolling Eyes Razz

David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:08 pm

Those just beg to be turned into inspirational posters. Laughing

Though I think a good exercise would be trying to rewrite them so they don't come off as buzzword drool. That's a skill.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:15 pm

Okay, I'll take on my own challenge on the first one.  Here's a first pass:

"Complex problems can be solved, but not by dogged pursuit of a single line of thought.  The artist and analyst must join forces."

Hmm, still needs work.  The first sentence doesn't sing.  Maybe combining them?

"Truly complex problems are only solved when the artist and analyst join forces."

Still not there. Perhaps I need to get out of the passive voice.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:32 pm

Another complex problem is solved every time an artist and analyst make love.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle on Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:14 pm

If you say so Shocked

Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum