The Hobwit

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Hobwit

Post by The Archet Bugle on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:18 pm

REMOVED FOR RENOVATION

Last edited by The Archet Bugle on Mon May 14, 2012 12:29 am; edited 4 times in total

The Archet Bugle
Forumshire's Most Respectable Journal

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hobwit

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:02 am

cheers This was the closest emoticon I could get to one for 'I'm not worthy'! Fantastic (and brilliantly its probably still truer to Tolkien style than PJ's effort will be Very Happy -although I expect PJ's to be less sex obsessed).

"A lot of our heroes depress me. But when they made this particular hero they didn't give him a gun, they gave him a screwdriver so he could fix things. They didn't give him a tank, or a warship, or an x-wing fighter, they gave him a call box from which you can call for help. And they didn't give him a superpower, or pointy ears or a heat ray, they gave him an extra heart. And that's an extraordinary thing.
There will never come a time when we don't need a hero like the Doctor."- Steven Moffat

Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:07 pm

finally got round to readng this through. Great stuff! Very Happy

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods

Kafria
The Mayor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally on Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:51 pm

Remember reading this and it's great! Better than The Wobbit in my view!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Location: It's nice when you have enough hair to use as a pillow.

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:07 am

Well, thank you, ladies! I have ideas for Chapter Two. But time... time... it's so short... and so much to do... (bloomin' adult life with kids....! Mad )

odo banks
Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:49 am

It's a good thing I'm trained in patience then (though not very well, my teacher was always late! How annoying)!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Location: It's nice when you have enough hair to use as a pillow.

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:11 am

Chapter Two:
MUTTON AND HAM

(That's all, so far - but it's a start - of sorts...)

odo banks

Back to top Go down

This is funny!

Post by The Wobbit A Parody on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:03 am

Odo-

I haven't read The Hobwit for quite a while. Chapter One was great! Here's a partial list of what I enjoyed:

-The names Speigel and Dandruff. I wish I had thought of them!

-"Rows of pansies set out in neat boxes ā€“ pansies of many colours! I remember them from when I was a gay little lad." I love single entenre, lightly done. The power of the unspoken joke!

-The camping-equipment-cum-musical-instruments.

-The whole Hornrable dialogue.

-I LOVE cartoon (*:@^#>!) swearing!

-Bumbur's line: ā€œIā€™m afraid it'll just have to be potatoes and cream buns for me, I'm on a diet."

-The hobwit has stolen milk crates in his apartment! Any cases of empty 16 oz beer bottles? They make great end tables.

-Grandelf's Hogwarts reference.

-The Mair/Mayor/Mare wordplay.

-The dwarves' disbelief of Bango's elf-hookup.

-Some outstanding rhyming here:
And now that firedrake has all our valuables,
Diamonds, gems, and metals malleable!

The Hobwit is AT LEAST as good as The Soddit! And easier for an American to understand. When I read The Soddit I felt like I was missing a lot of the jokes, especially the ones about Oscar Wilde and Noel Coward. The Hobwit is funny and well-written. I look forward to Chapter Two.

-Paul

The Wobbit A Parody
Ringwinner

http://thewobbitaparody.com

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:20 am

Oh dear - I think I'm blushing, Mr Wobbit - Paul Wobbit is it? Though I handle praise very well, so never hesitate to do so! One of these days I must tackle Chapter Two --- life is so busy, sadly! Anyhow, thanks for your kind words. A kind word (on Forumshire) rarely comes my way. Sad

Haven't heard of "Soddit" - probably just as well. Sounds too obvious - and unrespectable!

As to Oscar Wilde and Noel Coward - they were both Gay. Is that a key at all? (I have not read it, but that thought popped straight into my head).

odo banks

Back to top Go down

Busy!

Post by The Wobbit A Parody on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:35 am

Life is busy indeed. Since I've been working again, I haven't written a lick. And I've got all three volumes of LOTR to parody!

The Wobbit A Parody
Ringwinner

http://thewobbitaparody.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Archet Bugle on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:19 am

MAYOR CENSORS HOBWIT

The Hobwit
Chapter Two:
Mutton as Lamb

CENSORED

by ELDORION THE POWERFUL

Last edited by The Archet Bugle on Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total

The Archet Bugle

Back to top Go down

Post by Porgy Bunk-Banks on Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:20 am

Truth is stranger than fiction, I heard. Shocked Or was that, "truth is what you believe it to be"? Suspect

Porgy Bunk-Banks
Dutiful Consort

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:27 am

What Bugle. You stop there? See, this is why your publication gets trounced by the Notp. You can't break off there. I demand more, sharpish or I'll take my subscription elsewhere!
Oh also.. lol!

"A lot of our heroes depress me. But when they made this particular hero they didn't give him a gun, they gave him a screwdriver so he could fix things. They didn't give him a tank, or a warship, or an x-wing fighter, they gave him a call box from which you can call for help. And they didn't give him a superpower, or pointy ears or a heat ray, they gave him an extra heart. And that's an extraordinary thing.
There will never come a time when we don't need a hero like the Doctor."- Steven Moffat

Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by The Archet Bugle on Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:18 pm

MORE CENSORSHIP BY POWERFUL FIGURE

....... rubbed his eyes as he stood .......... in the road. Funny how that happens, how you see what you expect to see dwarfs, but then you realise it isn't dwarfs. Bango had to laugh. As you would too in those circumstances, that's if it ever happened to you, unless you were humourless, because then you might just get annoyed with yourself, or get your eyes tested, or get some help from a .............

CENSORED

by Order of ELDORION THE POWERFUL

Last edited by The Archet Bugle on Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:15 am; edited 10 times in total

The Archet Bugle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:03 pm

"His eyes were those "come to bed eyes" you see in men who have spent time in Budapest."

lol!

Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum