The Positive Thread

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Positive Thread

Post by bungobaggins on Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:40 pm

chris63 wrote:the huge golden statue

I totally forgot about that part. Rolling Eyes I guess that was a positive.
bungobaggins
The Mayor

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:18 pm

Positives....The films were good till you got to the bad bits.......Chris.

So, 5 maybe 6 minutes of something decent to watch then ? Very Happy

azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:05 pm

azriel wrote:Positives....The films were good till you got to the bad bits.......Chris.

So, 5 maybe 6 minutes of something decent to watch then ? Very Happy

Well I just watched the opening scene of An Unexpected Journey again (on youtube), and I'm already getting annoyed, as much as I liked Ian Holm's Bilbo why did they bother bringing him back purely to spout five seconds of exposition? Did they really think audiences were so thick they wouldn't know it's a LOTR prequel? Surely it would have made more dramatic sense for Gandalf, or Thorin to narate history of Erebor. Bilbo writing the letter to Frodo makes it sound like he had never bothered telling him the story before (which is rather far fetched considering Frodo's age) which I think contradicts the LOTR films.

It's began long ago in a land far away to the east the like of which you will not find in the world today...

Apart from you know, Moria, Gondor, Lothlorien, Rohan...

The greatest kingdom in Middle Earth, Erebor...

Hmm...debatable...

Actually that raises an interesting point, is Erebor more powerful in the Peter Jackson-verse than Gondor is?

Oh look at the 1 minute 45 second mark we already have one of Jackson's weird thin bridges with no hand rails...

I'll stop now...I'm nitpicking but the passage of time hasn't cooled my opinions towards these films.

The cinematography/music/production values remain as impressive as they ever were, shame about the scripts...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:00 pm

The cinematography/music/production values remain as impressive as they ever were,- Malick

{{I wouldn't even give them that much- the shift away from film loses the warmth of the sense of reality it lent to the original trilogy. The switch to ultra HD and higher framerate makes it all look hyper realistic, with too much detail in every part of the screen which simply floods the eye with information it doesn't need and makes the focus of any particular shot more difficult. And the colourising process used in post is way too heavy handed and lends the films a cartooinish quality which is at odds with the stupid 'epic' feel they are trying to turn the story into. And the mass of cgi takes the viewer out of the experience rather than immersing them further in it by ignoring all the normal physical laws. The visuals in my view all work against the films as much as the script does. }}

Gingerlocks and the Three McTyrants

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top