Damn Computers (in appropriate category)

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Damn Computers (in appropriate category)

Post by azriel on Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:43 pm

I'm using an old PC as my newer PC has fucked up & I'm not best pleased about it. It seems like an app is preventing it from opening up ? Turn on computer & all I get is the obligatory blue screen with the little white dots chasing each other round in a circle with the word "restarting". Like feck. I had it on for half an hour & it stayed the same. Don't know how to sort this problem out ? So, using this old PC, that is barely crawling along, for now.

azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins on Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:57 pm

Wanted to get a new computer on Black Friday. Kinda squandered that opportunity. The 2010 MBP is still alive, though it gets very hot sometimes, so I have to be careful how much I do at once.

bungobaggins
The Mayor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:02 pm

{{Azreil- do you know how to get into the bios when it starts up? What version of windows are you on? That will help narrow down the steps- if you think it was an app of some sort screwed it then ideally you want to get into safe mode- this will boot up with just the min files needed for windows to run- you can then either try getting rid of the app once in, or if thats not working try a system restore point to restore your c to previous settings when it was working}}}

Gingerlocks and the Three McTyrants

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:03 pm

I'm ecstatic, I'm over the bright shiny moon ! Ive got my computer back up & running !  

I took everything out of the ports, turned PC on, & bugger me backwards if it didn't start up ! Bung mouse, keyboard & all back in & Geronimo ! We're back on track, I'm a happy bunny !

azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:12 pm

Ah, so it was a hardware bug. Congratulations on a creative solution.  Does it still run with everything plugged back in?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel on Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:28 pm

Hello Halfy, yes, so far all is well, just keeping my fingers crossed as I'm not a PC Bodkin by any means Smile

azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:51 am

{{{ cheers }}}

Gingerlocks and the Three McTyrants

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top