The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

Re: The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread

Post by Lancebloke on Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:50 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:
Lancebloke wrote:Only if you let the locals book your dinner venue and they choose a place called [Redacted].

Hmmm.... why can't I type [Redacted]

That's odd. And who is that behind me in the car? Is that a camera?

If you see any Ragistani bustle sellers floating about, they are my operatives deep state, one wink for a pink one and two winks for being smuggled out in an elephants doo-dah. Wink

I am not sure what need I would have for being smuggled out of the country....

{wink wink............WINK WINK!}
Lancebloke
Adventurer

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg on Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:36 pm

Lancebloke wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:
Lancebloke wrote:Only if you let the locals book your dinner venue and they choose a place called [Redacted].

Hmmm.... why can't I type [Redacted]

That's odd. And who is that behind me in the car? Is that a camera?

If you see any Ragistani bustle sellers floating about, they are my operatives deep state, one wink for a pink one and two winks for being smuggled out in an elephants doo-dah. Wink

I am not sure what need I would have for being smuggled out of the country....

{wink wink............WINK WINK!}

oh there's no need its just useful for getting out of Ryanair one bag policy, elephants doo-dahs allow two large cabin bags and a small hookah. so you can definitely smoke on board. elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle on Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:45 pm

Bluebottle wrote:There are too many pretty places. I visited an area of Spain right by the Portugese border and the Duero river earlier in the spring called Fermoselle. Very pretty and special area, even if it rained a lot. Made the shortest of visits to Portugal, a couple of hours, and ate bacalao, while it rained constantly.

Fermoselle, Spain:

Next trip is going to the Basque country, and back to Catalonia, I think, and also visit southern France by the Basque and Catalan borders. Nod

Strange thing, was talking to some Portuguese people today. Surprised

Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle on Thu May 03, 2018 1:49 am

Just found out you can go by ferry from Andalusia to Tangier, would def like to do that. Surprised

Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Thu May 03, 2018 2:59 am

Yeah I was at the Rock of Gibralter and was very tempted to make the hop.  Decided a half day trip to a whole different culture would be kinda of lame so didn't do it (though going from Spain to Gibralter is basically a whole culture change as well).

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle on Sat May 05, 2018 4:29 pm

Ah, yes, I remember you talking about that. As you I guess it might seem a bit much just for the trip. But think it would be so interesting, crossing the straight of Gibraltar and all that. Visiting Gibraltar too could be fun, a little piece of the UK in southern Spain. How did you find it?

But not at the top of the list, basque country and Catalonia first, I think. Smile

Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum