Computer Game Music You grew up With

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Computer Game Music You grew up With

Post by malickfan on Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:29 pm

I'm a 90's kid, ah the memories...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:19 pm

{{Being the decade earlier most of my favourite games had no music! Or at least you had a choice when playing of music OR sound effects- the machines of the day usually couldn't do both at the same time.
And whilst much of it was hugely innovative it was usually also very beepy- the best of which I think I have posted previously.
The other issue being many of the games I loved most- Dungeon Master and other early RPG's or adventure games did not tend to have music just sfx- mind you creep up behind me in the dark and play the (hissy sampled) mummy shriek from Dungeon Master I will probably still jump out my skin (or instinctively bludgeon you to death with whatever comes to hand!)- there is something to be said for long tense periods of silence punctuated suddenly by this unseen right behind you- }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:57 pm

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

Today the Shire, DarkPlanet cat. Tomorrow... THE WORLD!

#amarieco
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:43 pm

{{{ If anyone has an interest in the games industries histroy, the rie and fall of systems of youre, then I highly recommend any of the videos by Kim Justice- in my view one of the best games journalists publishing on youtube about the retro scene. Chances are if you owned any machine at all in the last 40 years theres an extensive, informative and entertaining video all about it.

This particular one is on a very British subject- the playground fight of my childhood- ZX Spectrum v Commodore 64. But I strongly recommend checking out their vids and playlists for some excellent bits of journalism on the games industry and its history. }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum