Music [3]

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by Eldorion on Sun May 01, 2016 3:05 am



Laughing
avatar
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

Posts : 23311
Join date : 2011-02-13
Age : 23
Location : Maryland, United States

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by Bluebottle on Sun May 01, 2016 4:19 pm

Finishing a law paper..

https://vimeo.com/28388228

I need all the motivation I can get. Razz

_________________
“We're doomed,” he says, casually. “There's no question about that. But it's OK to be doomed because then you can just enjoy your life."
avatar
Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Posts : 9841
Join date : 2013-11-09
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by Eldorion on Sun May 01, 2016 5:01 pm

Jay-Z's a good choice to listen to since he has experience with law. Razz

http://www.slu.edu/Documents/law/Law%20Journal/Archives/LJ56-2_Mason_Article.pdf
avatar
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

Posts : 23311
Join date : 2011-02-13
Age : 23
Location : Maryland, United States

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by Bluebottle on Sun May 01, 2016 5:26 pm

Ah, well, I was more in need of the motivation. Razz But I'll definitely keep it in mind fr another context. Wink

_________________
“We're doomed,” he says, casually. “There's no question about that. But it's OK to be doomed because then you can just enjoy your life."
avatar
Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Posts : 9841
Join date : 2013-11-09
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by malickfan on Sun May 01, 2016 8:24 pm

Kinda Off topic here, but I'm fairly weird as (among other reasons) I've never really been into music-I appreciate it as an art form, but it's just never been something that really speaks to me much on emotional level like cinema or literature does (though I certainly enjoy a good song on the rare occasion I actually bother listening to music), but I recently dug out my dusty battered copy of GTA Vice City, and even to someone as ignorant and tone death as me that had a damn good soundtrack for a video game, absolutely littered with 80's classics, sure some of the idealism and lyrics are cheesy and/or dated, but there's still something wonderfully catchy/memorable about that decade in music:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto:_Vice_City_Official_Soundtrack_Box_Set








(The sequel, Vice City Stories had an equally eclectic soundtrack)

http://www.grandtheftwiki.com/Radio_Stations_in_GTA_Vice_City_Stories

Rockstar are surprisingly good at getting the rights to hit songs considering their videogames are littered with violence and satire...

_________________
The Thorin: An Unexpected Rewrite December 2012 (I was on the money apparently)
The Tauriel: Desolation of Canon December 2013 (Accurate again!)
The Sod-it! : Battling my Indifference December 2014 (You know what they say, third time's the charm)

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect


I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
avatar
malickfan
Adventurer

Posts : 4305
Join date : 2013-09-10
Age : 26
Location : The (Hamp)shire, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by Ringdrotten on Sun May 01, 2016 8:36 pm

malickfan wrote:Kinda Off topic here, but I'm fairly weird as (among other reasons) I've never really been into music-I appreciate it as an art form, but it's just never been something that really speaks to me much on emotional level like cinema or literature does (though I certainly enjoy a good song on the rare occasion I actually bother listening to music), but I recently dug out my dusty battered copy of GTA Vice City, and even to someone as ignorant and tone death as me that had a damn good soundtrack for a video game, absolutely littered with 80's classics, sure some of the idealism and lyrics are cheesy and/or dated, but there's still something wonderfully catchy/memorable about that decade in music:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto:_Vice_City_Official_Soundtrack_Box_Set








(The sequel, Vice City Stories had an equally eclectic soundtrack)

http://www.grandtheftwiki.com/Radio_Stations_in_GTA_Vice_City_Stories

Rockstar are surprisingly good at getting the rights to hit songs considering their videogames are littered with violence and satire...

The GTA Vice City soundtrack was awesome, I could spend hours just driving around in cars and listening to the radio on that game Very Happy

_________________
“The Lord is my shepherd. I shall not want for nothing. He makes me lie down in the green pastures. He greases up my head with oil. He gives me kung-fu in the face of my enemies. Amen”. - Tom Cullen


avatar
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Posts : 4478
Join date : 2011-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by malickfan on Sun May 01, 2016 8:44 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:
malickfan wrote:Kinda Off topic here, but I'm fairly weird as (among other reasons) I've never really been into music-I appreciate it as an art form, but it's just never been something that really speaks to me much on emotional level like cinema or literature does (though I certainly enjoy a good song on the rare occasion I actually bother listening to music), but I recently dug out my dusty battered copy of GTA Vice City, and even to someone as ignorant and tone death as me that had a damn good soundtrack for a video game, absolutely littered with 80's classics, sure some of the idealism and lyrics are cheesy and/or dated, but there's still something wonderfully catchy/memorable about that decade in music:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto:_Vice_City_Official_Soundtrack_Box_Set








(The sequel, Vice City Stories had an equally eclectic soundtrack)

http://www.grandtheftwiki.com/Radio_Stations_in_GTA_Vice_City_Stories

Rockstar are surprisingly good at getting the rights to hit songs considering their videogames are littered with violence and satire...

The GTA Vice City soundtrack was awesome, I could spend hours just driving around in cars and listening to the radio on that game Very Happy

That's pretty much what I was doing a few nights ago Very Happy

_________________
The Thorin: An Unexpected Rewrite December 2012 (I was on the money apparently)
The Tauriel: Desolation of Canon December 2013 (Accurate again!)
The Sod-it! : Battling my Indifference December 2014 (You know what they say, third time's the charm)

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect


I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
avatar
malickfan
Adventurer

Posts : 4305
Join date : 2013-09-10
Age : 26
Location : The (Hamp)shire, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by Eldorion on Sun May 01, 2016 9:01 pm

GTA soundtracks are consistently great. Thumbs Up
avatar
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

Posts : 23311
Join date : 2011-02-13
Age : 23
Location : Maryland, United States

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by malickfan on Sun May 01, 2016 9:06 pm

Eldorion wrote:GTA soundtracks are consistently great. Thumbs Up

Yeah definitely, they really add to the atmosphere of the games (hell, it was Vice City that actually made me appreciate 80's music at all, I'd just assumed it was all camp techno-pop).

Though I must admit when I think of the original games soundtrack this springs to mind:


_________________
The Thorin: An Unexpected Rewrite December 2012 (I was on the money apparently)
The Tauriel: Desolation of Canon December 2013 (Accurate again!)
The Sod-it! : Battling my Indifference December 2014 (You know what they say, third time's the charm)

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect


I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
avatar
malickfan
Adventurer

Posts : 4305
Join date : 2013-09-10
Age : 26
Location : The (Hamp)shire, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Sun May 01, 2016 10:05 pm

{{{MMM whats that running on? It looks a lot better than I remember the originals looking Suspect Love Laslow though and in fact all the right wing talk radio stations in GTA games- nail on head perfect- this sums up the Bush era perfectly culturally}}}


_________________
Pure Publications, The Tower of Lore and the Former Admin's Office are Reasonably Proud to Present-



A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.


- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view



*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
avatar
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Posts : 40312
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 46
Location : Scotshobbitland

Back to top Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by azriel on Mon May 02, 2016 8:02 am


_________________
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish.”
"There are far, far, better things ahead than any we can leave behind"
If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got



avatar
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Posts : 13513
Join date : 2012-10-07
Age : 58
Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by azriel on Mon May 02, 2016 8:06 am

malickfan wrote:
Eldorion wrote:GTA soundtracks are consistently great. Thumbs Up

Yeah definitely, they really add to the atmosphere of the games (hell, it was Vice City that actually made me appreciate 80's music at all, I'd just assumed it was all camp techno-pop).

Though I must admit when I think of the original games soundtrack this springs to mind:




What is it about farts Smile ? After all these years I still bloody laugh Laughing

_________________
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish.”
"There are far, far, better things ahead than any we can leave behind"
If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got



avatar
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Posts : 13513
Join date : 2012-10-07
Age : 58
Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by Ringdrotten on Wed May 04, 2016 6:27 pm

Any Townes Van Zandt fans on here? I've been playing alot of online poker lately, and I've been revisiting some old favourites in music. Listened to him alot when I was 18 or about that age. Just a guitar and a voice, but excellent (though mostly sad) lyrics Smile

_________________
“The Lord is my shepherd. I shall not want for nothing. He makes me lie down in the green pastures. He greases up my head with oil. He gives me kung-fu in the face of my enemies. Amen”. - Tom Cullen


avatar
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Posts : 4478
Join date : 2011-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by Bluebottle on Thu May 05, 2016 2:45 pm


_________________
“We're doomed,” he says, casually. “There's no question about that. But it's OK to be doomed because then you can just enjoy your life."
avatar
Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Posts : 9841
Join date : 2013-11-09
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by Bluebottle on Thu May 05, 2016 11:02 pm


_________________
“We're doomed,” he says, casually. “There's no question about that. But it's OK to be doomed because then you can just enjoy your life."
avatar
Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Posts : 9841
Join date : 2013-11-09
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by Bluebottle on Thu May 05, 2016 11:03 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:Any Townes Van Zandt fans on here? I've been playing alot of online poker lately, and I've been revisiting some old favourites in music. Listened to him alot when I was 18 or about that age. Just a guitar and a voice, but excellent (though mostly sad) lyrics Smile

I don't ever think I've conciously have, Ringo. Wanna suggest some songs? Smile

_________________
“We're doomed,” he says, casually. “There's no question about that. But it's OK to be doomed because then you can just enjoy your life."
avatar
Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Posts : 9841
Join date : 2013-11-09
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by Ringdrotten on Thu May 05, 2016 11:24 pm

Tecumseh Valley
To Live is to Fly
No Place to Fall
If I Needed You
High Low and Inbetween
Pancho and Lefty (perhaps my personal favourite)
I'll Be Here in the Morning
For the Sake of the Song - some to start you off Smile Like I said, the lyrics are pretty sad for the most part. Pancho and Lefty is more a story than a song, very Dylan-y Smile

_________________
“The Lord is my shepherd. I shall not want for nothing. He makes me lie down in the green pastures. He greases up my head with oil. He gives me kung-fu in the face of my enemies. Amen”. - Tom Cullen


avatar
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Posts : 4478
Join date : 2011-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by Bluebottle on Fri May 06, 2016 1:31 am

Only one I've listened to so far, but am rather liking it. Smile


_________________
“We're doomed,” he says, casually. “There's no question about that. But it's OK to be doomed because then you can just enjoy your life."
avatar
Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Posts : 9841
Join date : 2013-11-09
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by azriel on Fri May 06, 2016 8:10 am


_________________
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish.”
"There are far, far, better things ahead than any we can leave behind"
If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got



avatar
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Posts : 13513
Join date : 2012-10-07
Age : 58
Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by Bluebottle on Fri May 06, 2016 11:39 pm



Bon Iver. I love you

_________________
“We're doomed,” he says, casually. “There's no question about that. But it's OK to be doomed because then you can just enjoy your life."
avatar
Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Posts : 9841
Join date : 2013-11-09
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by chris63 on Sun May 08, 2016 11:27 am


_________________
avatar
chris63
Adventurer

Posts : 7544
Join date : 2011-07-04
Location : Perth, Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by chris63 on Sun May 08, 2016 11:29 am

One of my all time fav's


_________________
avatar
chris63
Adventurer

Posts : 7544
Join date : 2011-07-04
Location : Perth, Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by chris63 on Sun May 08, 2016 11:44 am


_________________
avatar
chris63
Adventurer

Posts : 7544
Join date : 2011-07-04
Location : Perth, Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by chris63 on Sun May 08, 2016 11:53 am

Parts of this song by the Sranglers is very similar to that Animals record, especial near the end.


_________________
avatar
chris63
Adventurer

Posts : 7544
Join date : 2011-07-04
Location : Perth, Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Music [3]

Post by chris63 on Sun May 08, 2016 11:59 am



Brilliant sneering vocals, brilliant drumming, bass and keyboards , The Stranglers giving another take on an old classic.

_________________
avatar
chris63
Adventurer

Posts : 7544
Join date : 2011-07-04
Location : Perth, Australia

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum