Crabbit Faery Tales and Folk Tales of Forumshire

Page 26 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26

Go down

Re: Crabbit Faery Tales and Folk Tales of Forumshire

Post by Eldy on Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:34 pm

Already commented on this via Facebook but I just wanted to say again how glad I am that you're continuing this story, Petty. The Norwegian phrases are always fun, and it's nice that Google Translate can actually handle them for once! Shocked
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:50 am

{{ The google translate works very weirdly, or fails to work very weirdly to be more accurate.
I discovered if I put in a phrase, translate it to Norwegian, then take that translated phrase and translate it back into English I get something often wildly different back from the original English wording.
So I now have to keep altering the original English phrasing and feeding the translation back through until it translates as something that makes sense (and more importantly retains the joke).
Its a surprisingly lengthy and annoying process Mad  }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell on Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:30 am

Terrible, terrible, terrible business, Petty... if one drops behind in your tales, one just can’t seem to find the time to ever catch up... Sad Sad Sad

From "The True Tale of the Un-magical Coal Scuttle."
Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:44 am

{{I do it seems need to confess some difficulty with the concept of a short tale! Mad Not sure how long the original Puss in Boots is but I fear this may have already surpassed it, and with a lot more crabbit. Twisted Evil

I kind of view it like getting a chance to publish in a magazine, like the Strand, or Amazing Stories, or some such: episodic and with occasional cliff-hangers, and you can always binge read them all when its finished  Nod  }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:00 pm

Oh, this was supposed to be Puss in Boots? I keep losing track.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:11 pm

{{{ Mad }}

Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell on Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:25 am

You know, Petty, you must let me know when you start something new... if I start at the beginning I can keep up, you see... Though, if I start at the beginning, I could read some every few days and pretend I am reading it Iike you adding to it every few days... that could work I guess...

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:46 am

{{{Seems a very sensible idea to me Orwell- and way real life is getting in the way- last chapter has been 3/4 done for 2 weeks now! Mad ) you'll probably catch up just in time for the end! }}

Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell on Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:12 am

I started at the beginning of the thread.... First story down. Only about fourty to go, all eighty pages long...each part that is... Mad

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:19 am

{{whilst I tip my hat to you, if I had one, suppose I could lift my kilt to you instead scratch at your brave endeavour Orwell,I feel it only fair to say that you might want to put Gingerlocks and the Three McTyrants aside for later unless you've got the time, it being the first full length Forumshire novel!  (Also its available in a handy pdf format provided by Amarie, and as part of the Forumshire collection compiled by Eldo, A Green and Pleasant Land, and available in the link in my sig for almost as good as free! }}

Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel on Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:13 pm

What story are we on again ? scratch I think Ive lost the plot ? sunny

azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:26 pm

((( Mad  Fine! Before the next chapter here's a recap- (and next chapter will be soon,barring LIFE ( Mad ) I should have time to finish it tomorrow!

Halfy in Boots a recap-

Paw McTyrant the sole owner of Forumshire's only, and largest buckie factory has passed away. On his death bed he broke with all tradition and gave his inheritance not to his eldest son , Petty, who he considers a drunken useless arse, but to Petty's psychotic, selfish, violent sister Pretty. Who was the apple of her fathers eye.

To Petty he gave only his pet mutant haggis, Halfwise, who it turns out is not a mutant haggis at all but a lot smarter than he had let on. And American.

Halfy convinces Petty he has a plan to get him the buckie factory back and remove Pretty- to this end he seeks to impress the Ambassador of Forumshire Amarie with a special, personal gift- a rare Fjordian dish from her small home village. How this will result in Petty gaining the factory, remains a mystery to Petty, but then most things do.

After various shenanigans involving Odo Banks, Mrs Figg and her pussy and cross-dressing, they take up with a ship of Vikings led by the very sweary Norc. They set sail for the frozen ice-lands of Northern Fjordainland in pursuit of an ice troll, with the aim of removing a crucial and rare ingredient from it, one of its testicles. Its rarity being due to how reluctant trolls are to give them up.

Upon arriving in Fjordianland they recruit Ringo, a local troll hunter, as their guide, and meet two members of the Forumshire Press that Halfy had arranged to be there for unknown purposes.
This haphazard band of ball of fur, drunk Scotshobbit, Viking, press and Ringo set off into the heart of Fjordianland in search of an ice troll which Petty must part from its testicles. Or at least, one of them!

And that's your recap- though its better with all the jokes still in!! Mad }}

Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel on Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:17 pm

Oh yeah !! I remember now cheers Thank you

azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:19 pm

Very useful. Nod

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldy on Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:31 pm

I just glanced back over some of the previous pages of this thread as a result of this exchange and I notice it's been exactly one year since Halfwise in Boots began! Shocked I knew it had been close, but time certainly flies. Congrats to Petty for keeping it alive and moving forward, at whatever pace! cheers

{{{LIADW isn't that far off from being a year old too, but it's pretty much dead and buried, so silent }}}

Also, if anyone other than me (and maybe Petty?) used A Green and Pleasant Land as a reference work I would be super-tickled (just ignore the instances of my deadname in it). Very Happy
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:52 pm

{{ Embarassed I glanced down at my sig when I wrote that Eldy to check I had the title correct and it still says Eldorion of course and my buckied brain simply wrote what it say without auto-correct on! My apologies-still shaking about ten years of habit! }}

Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldy on Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:55 pm

No worries, but thank you. :hug: I was largely thinking of the PDF which is full of instances of my former username and, in a few places, legal name (starting with the first two pages Laughing). I'd never go back and edit the stories themselves, but even just changing instances of my name in the editorial comments and titles/bylines would be a pain given how huge the document is. I feel a little weird rereading it now, but still, I put a lot of work into it and it's always nice to know when I'm not the only person to see something I did. Razz
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Yesterday at 6:07 pm

You know, there has been a hell of a lot of ‘creativism’ going on here over the years... catching up will be nigh on impossible... what with the pots needing pottering and so forth... Maybe, I’ll stick to dabbling and just reading the newer stuff and just going with the flow... luckily, it’s like I know all these characters and it’s a bit like watching Neighbours or Coronation Street... except with kilts or frocks... if, indeed, they are different things... Cool

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum