The story of of Eldo as the Howard Hughes-esque character in his pyjamas and bathrobe (I picture him a kind of Arthur Dent looking character) in his low rent hole in Rushock Bog with one of the walls blown out

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The story of of Eldo as the Howard Hughes-esque character in his pyjamas and bathrobe (I picture him a kind of Arthur Dent looking character) in his low rent hole in Rushock Bog with one of the walls blown out - Page 3 Empty Re: The story of of Eldo as the Howard Hughes-esque character in his pyjamas and bathrobe (I picture him a kind of Arthur Dent looking character) in his low rent hole in Rushock Bog with one of the walls blown out

Post by Bluebottle on Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:35 pm

”Don’t you think this story in some ways reminds you of Strindberg,” Eldo mused.
“You mean the biting social commentary?” Blue ventured.
“I mean it never seems to end and we have now idea where we are or what is happening,” Eldo laughed.
“Ah,” Blue started. “I’d prefer Sondheim, to be honest, then at least we’d have striking music to entertain us while we wait for something to happen.” He purported.
“Don’t get much theatre out on the farm,” Dave intervened. “But I like this guy Weird Al. Oh, and Seinfeld. Classic!”
“Sure,” Eldo promulgated. “I always preferred apartment intrigue to palace intrigue, anyway. But not Friends, eh? Awful stuff.”
“Yikes, no.” Dave agreed.
“Still,” Blue advanced. “Pointiest nipples in America, and all that.”
Stunned contemplating silence seemed to be the general reaction.
“Eh..” Eldo slowly incremented. “What does that.. even.. mean?”
“Not quite sure..” Blue pondered, finishing in an elucidated tone. “But I read it somewhere and thought it sounded intelligent.”
"Aha," Dave contemplated. "Certainly.."
“Clear..” Eldo concluded, “as mud.”  

The story of of Eldo as the Howard Hughes-esque character in his pyjamas and bathrobe (I picture him a kind of Arthur Dent looking character) in his low rent hole in Rushock Bog with one of the walls blown out - Page 3 Tumblr_msgi12FPjq1s8au6qo2_500
Bluebottle
Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

The story of of Eldo as the Howard Hughes-esque character in his pyjamas and bathrobe (I picture him a kind of Arthur Dent looking character) in his low rent hole in Rushock Bog with one of the walls blown out - Page 3 Empty Re: The story of of Eldo as the Howard Hughes-esque character in his pyjamas and bathrobe (I picture him a kind of Arthur Dent looking character) in his low rent hole in Rushock Bog with one of the walls blown out

Post by Eldy on Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:01 am

Seinfeld, eh?

{{{Does that mean this, too, is a story about nothing? Sofa}}}
Eldy
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle on Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:39 pm

That angle might have worked just as well, but I was perhaps more inspired by Robert Louis Stevenson. study

Why, hasn’t it caught on that this is an epic quest yet? slap laugh

Also I wonder if not a fair chunk of people watch Seinfeld at least in part for the catchy theme tune. scratch

The story of of Eldo as the Howard Hughes-esque character in his pyjamas and bathrobe (I picture him a kind of Arthur Dent looking character) in his low rent hole in Rushock Bog with one of the walls blown out - Page 3 Tumblr_msgi12FPjq1s8au6qo2_500
Bluebottle
Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3