Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

Go down

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 23 Empty Re: Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Post by Lorient Avandi on Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:12 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had difficulty finding exact details on the rights allowed by the deal from a reputable source. My thing is, if they do have access to the Silmarillion/ Histories/Unfinished Tales/etc I'll be rather excited for this show and what it can bring to the table as something set in the Second Age; but if they only have the same rights Warner Bros had, except for television rather than film, I'll be really worried because it's set in the Second Age.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 23 Empty Re: Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:17 pm

{{I broadly agree there Lorient- if they have all the rights then there is enough snippets, versions and narratives written out about Numenor to at least give a pretty solid story line, main characters and events. As well as a flavour of some of the major players personalities. Enough to work with. Yes they will still have to invent the detail and largely the characters but at least all the key events and people are laid out in some detail.

If they dont have the rights and have to substitute that material with entirely rights free invented stuff of their own it will be awful, just fanwank with a budget. }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke on Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:57 pm

Lancebloke wrote:Well... map at least should confirm this is post second age since Beleriand isn't in there.

The caption "Three Rings for the Elven-kings under sky," suggests either second age or some focus on the Elves. Perhaps this going to tell of the events leading up to the Last Alliance? That could be interesting to see... the old lands of the Elves, maybe when Moria was populated etc.

And my idea got shot down....

Given the first map I think this will be entirely plausible long term
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Adventurer

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:03 pm

{{{ Right now Lance your idea is just as plausible as a Numenor based one- maybe they will do both over more than one series, its possible with GoT showing its possible to hold an audiences attention over a long span of time with indepth characters and narratives that they might be thinking longer term than imagined so far by us.

If it does cover the forging of the Rings, or the lead up to the Last Alliance the above caveats remain however- if they have the rights to the whole estate there is plenty there to work with, if they have to invent it and make sure they dont write what Tolkien did to avoid getting sued because they dont have the rights, then it will be bad anyway. }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23