Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

Go down

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 29 Empty Re: Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Post by halfwise on Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:06 pm

I'm beginning to fear what we may get is along the lines of the sort of historical fiction "set against the backdrop of the tumultuous Second Age, three young strangers battle to carve a foothold and find love in a world of war and strange wonders" ... or something like that.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 29 Empty Re: Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:38 pm

{{ Dear Eru I hope not! Mad
Surely after the utter shitfest car-crash that was TH films they will know better than to make up their own stuff and try just sticking it into Tolkien.
I'm already afraid they will GoT it with over the top on screen violence and sex. The thought of sex scenes in Tolkien is somehow disturbing, like when Discovery decided what Star Trek really needed was some onscreen Klingon titty and sex scenes- no you just ruined what was good you fuckwits!! Mad Mad Mad }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel on Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:40 pm

I like the word ' fuckwits', its such a good word to use.

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 29 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 29 15403410
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:07 pm

I also like "clusterfuck". Nod

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd on Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:55 pm

Clustercuss is my go to.

"'But whereas we have drunk with thee, who seemest to be a man of lineage, and thou hast been blithe with us, we will tell thee that we have seen one riding south along the Greenway, clad in a coat as green as the way, with the leafless tree done on his breast. So nigh to him we were that we heard his cry as he sped along, as ye may hear the lapwing whining, for he said: "POINT AND EDGE, POINT AND EDGE! THE RED WATER AMIDST OF THE HILLS!" In my lifetime such a man hath, to my knowledge, been seen thrice before; and after each sight of him followed evil days and the death of men.'"

-The Well at the World's End, William Morris
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
Trekkie in training

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg on Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:44 pm

I like omnishambles.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:47 pm

I'd have to see that one in a sentence.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd on Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:22 pm

"Oi nah, these fuckwits have really got us all in omnishambles now. What a cluster-fuck."

"Watch your language shit-head!"

"Oi yeah sorry cluster-cuss I meant."

"'But whereas we have drunk with thee, who seemest to be a man of lineage, and thou hast been blithe with us, we will tell thee that we have seen one riding south along the Greenway, clad in a coat as green as the way, with the leafless tree done on his breast. So nigh to him we were that we heard his cry as he sped along, as ye may hear the lapwing whining, for he said: "POINT AND EDGE, POINT AND EDGE! THE RED WATER AMIDST OF THE HILLS!" In my lifetime such a man hath, to my knowledge, been seen thrice before; and after each sight of him followed evil days and the death of men.'"

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
Trekkie in training

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:34 pm

Wow, that's service. I only needed one in a sentence, I got 4 in a whole conversation. Shocked

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg on Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:31 pm

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:40 am

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:33 pm

{{ Well they seem very confident then!
Sadly I am not. Given the trend of modern tv to shoehorn social isues in as the main thing over plot and characters and narrative needs I think this will be a trainwreck. (talking of which Ive now seen the 1st epiode of Watchmen and the 1st epiosde of the BBC War of the Worlds- reveiws soon, but they dont give me hope for the state of current drama) }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:31 pm

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Yesterday at 8:36 pm

Oh wow, I missed the announcement on the previous page about Will Poulter co-starring in the show. What a silly casting! I mean, little baby Eustace all grown up? The boy from Son of Rambo? I don't know how I'll take him seriously.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
Trekkie in training

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29