Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33

Go down

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 33 Empty Re: Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Post by chris63 on Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:04 pm

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 33 Empty Re: Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Post by Mrs Figg on Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:51 pm

thanks Chris Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:48 pm

Oo my favorite commentator I'd like to sit in a pub with.  Love his way of talking.

He didn't mention it, but one of the screen shots mentioned a cast member not before revealed: Carmen Laniado.

Valley girl elf, this one. clown

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:56 pm

Oh, she joined "the Witcher". Oh well. I still think she'd make a good elf.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:35 pm

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd on Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:45 pm

Things are happening!

"'But whereas we have drunk with thee, who seemest to be a man of lineage, and thou hast been blithe with us, we will tell thee that we have seen one riding south along the Greenway, clad in a coat as green as the way, with the leafless tree done on his breast. So nigh to him we were that we heard his cry as he sped along, as ye may hear the lapwing whining, for he said: "POINT AND EDGE, POINT AND EDGE! THE RED WATER AMIDST OF THE HILLS!" In my lifetime such a man hath, to my knowledge, been seen thrice before; and after each sight of him followed evil days and the death of men.'"

-The Well at the World's End, William Morris
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
Trekkie in training

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:08 pm

{{ I say much the same thing about my bowels after a particulalry large  haggis curry and a barrel of buckie, and nothing good is produced from that afterwards  No  }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:57 pm

Pre-emptive crabbit?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:04 pm

{{ My bowels never lie! But we shall see. Lets just say there is a healthy dam of sceptic crabbit that will be ready to be unleashed at the first signs this production is deserving of it- and its due a bit already for Middle-Earth 90210 casting Mad }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg on Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:53 pm

yep dat casting Suspect  I have Hobbit vibes already. Does ME have Maoris? or a South Pacific? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:57 pm

There's Far Harad. Who really knows what's down there?

But I'm more bothered by the predominant youth of the casting. Not that elves wouldn't look young, but they need to feel old. Only 20% of the cast has the goods as far as I can see. And Elrond's gotta be kicking around somewhere - the only one that fits my image would be the guy they claim is the villain.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel on Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:02 am

Things don't feel right. I cant feel the magic. Things keep letting me down. Halfy's correct, Elves look young but, its an age old youth that has been here ages, seen things, done things, knows more. You cant just grab a 26 yr old ( or whatever age ) & say, here's a costume you are an Elf. Im doubting the other characters now. You have to get the back bone right first then it all falls into place, Mmmm, feel twitchy-----

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 33 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 33 15403410
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:02 pm

Well, need to do a test. Grab bio pics of all the elves PJ used. Nobody complained about them not feeling elvish (though they didn't necessarily feel all right to me, it didn't smack me in the face). Put up that list of mug shots and compare.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg on Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:48 pm

what I liked about PJ's casting was he cast adults as adults and therefore they were pretty much perfect casting imo. Hugo Weaving wasn't Hollywood handsome, and neither was Kate Blanchett traditionally beautiful, they have character faces and are not bland. Aragorn wasn't a young perfect-toothed Californian either.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel on Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:02 pm

That's right. Where the need demands characters have to have worn into their faces. The lines on Aragorns face is from years of out door life & cracking on with things. I do not want to see Hollywood smiles with precise dentistry.

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 33 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 33 15403410
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg on Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:04 pm

I always remember the only time watching LOTRs when I got pulled out of the story was when at the very end of ROTK when Arwen and Aragorn finally get to kiss and he embraces her, she suddenly smiles properly for the first time and its BAM! Hollywood teeth, its not that elves don't have good teeth, its that she suddenly looks like Liv Tyler.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel on Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:36 pm

Nod

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:27 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:17 pm

Ah, no costume shots. But still, something is happening.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Today at 2:19 pm

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33