Should Tom Bombadil make an appearance in an screen adaptation eventually?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Should Tom Bombadil make an appearance in an screen adaptation eventually?

Post by Forest Shepherd on Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:06 am

Preeetty sure he has blue boots.

Edit: darnit they are yellow.

Where did I eat bread and cheese?
Search inside, stay indoors,
Look up and find the secret is yours.
Your castle your fort,
Or so you thought.
The way is in four trees.
The way is in Boar in Brockhall
Under ale, under bread, under cheese.

-Mossflower, by Brian Jacques.
Forest Shepherd
Trekkie in training

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Today at 9:30 am

Hey, I just noticed all this talk of a TV series. How did I miss it all!?!?

Anyway, my two bits worth. Give me Tom Bombadil in all his glory. And all of you who don’t love and want Bombadil... well, as a severe - but somewhat inattentive - Moderator, I plan to hunt you all out and Ban you for a Life from Forumshire.

What Amarie has been doing while I haven’t been doing what respectable Moderators should have been doing all along - that is' Banning Any proposed Tolkien TV series and all talk of them! - I might never know. I suspect she has ducked her responsibilities! Gone soft. Amarie wasn’t always soft. I remember those days when she ruled Dark Planet with an iron fist!  Mad

From "The True Tale of the Un-magical Coal Scuttle."
Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Today at 9:56 am

A "Bring back Bombadil" campaign is needed. He was in my mind before I saw the "Fellowship" & was royally pee'd off that he wasn't in the films. I remember saying I was looking forward to seeing him & coming away wondering why he wasn't ! Its a mad world.

azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Today at 9:58 am

Maybe we should split Forumshire into two parts. The Purists and the ones who should be killed but we can’t so  let’s give them their own Forum.... [Once they are inside, we can lock the doors behind them]

I don’t know I want Jackson anywhere near Bombadil, mind... pale

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Today at 10:15 am

Peejers had the Witches, one on each shoulder whispering delights & trinkets into his ear. He would no doubt have fucked it up. Boyens is as mad as a box of frogs, Walsh is a Hydra. All are in the wrong place in the wrong time. I cant help but think if Peejers was left alone to do manly things with manly men around him we might ( slim but ? ) might have got different films. When the Hobbshit came out it felt like he was poisoned beyond repair ! Hallucinating & running for an antidote !

azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Today at 11:51 am

No, PJ should not be let near Bombadil, but can you imagine what would have happened if Petty got his wish and David Lynch go this hands on Bombadil? affraid I really think the Northern Exposure folks need to do Bombadil.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Today at 12:01 pm

I have an opinion which does not belong here at all on this particular thread, so, in true Forumshire tradition, I’ll go ahead and give it...

I think parts of the very early stages of The Hobbit (at Bag End) had real merit. El Toro, or whatever his name is, I think read The Hobbit and actually had a proper go at portraying Tolkien right.... I swear I can tell you what bits PJ and the Coven put in. They were unnecessary bits and not Tolkien at all.... as the film progressed, it got particularly horrible. I still haven’t even seen movie three. Movie two I saw once. Movie one I watched twice... but only because El Toro clearly did some of the earlier parts, no bull!

So, getting back to this thread, we need someone to give us a Bombadil like Tolkien described. It ain’t hard. It would work.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum