Fuck you, facebook!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fuck you, facebook!

Post by Norc on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:39 pm

I am so angry right now. Facebook is such an evil company. I want to leave. Got up to my room after eating dinner, opened my computer. I had lots of tabs open from surfing earlier today. Then i noticed on the facebook-tab a small red dot. I held my mouse over it and it said"this tab is using your microphone or your camera". And i am like "fuck no". WHAT THE HELL! WHERE DID I AGREE TO THAT? being fucking spyed on in the name of "personalized adds" fuck that fuckery. Listening to what i say and EVEN HAVING ACCESS TO MY CAMERA?! yes, ok, i will put a fucking sticker over the camera BUT THAT DOESN'T HELP WHEN THEY FUCKING LISTEN TO ME! living in the fucking future and i fucking hate it. fuck you facebook. FUCK YOU!
avatar
Norc
Khaleesi

Posts : 19164
Join date : 2011-12-21
Age : 23

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you, facebook!

Post by David H on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:52 pm

Firefox with ad blockers and script blockers :carrot:

OK, so most of the cool buttons and apps don't work, but neither does the creepy $hit, and you use 10% of the bandwidth! Nod {{which probably means 90% is creepy $hit you never know about Mad }}

_________________
 
avatar
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Posts : 6767
Join date : 2011-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you, facebook!

Post by Norc on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:56 pm

well, i have add-block on.. but i don't see how having firefox and add-block prevents faebook basically hacking into my webcam will help.

edit: but i have now gone to the chrome settings and deleted facebook as having access to my camera and microphone.
avatar
Norc
Khaleesi

Posts : 19164
Join date : 2011-12-21
Age : 23

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you, facebook!

Post by Forest Shepherd on Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:07 am

Well that's good, living in the future isn't all bad then!

Except...:
that having access to your mic and camera is not how Facebook gets your info and sells it for billions of dollars in this never-ending techno-hell that we've entered oh GOOOOOOOD!!!

_________________
Boar is badger, named after wood,
Not after forest but trees.
Where did you play on a rainy day?
Where did I eat bread and cheese?
Search inside, stay indoors,
Look up and find the secret is yours.
Your castle your fort,
Or so you thought.
The way is in four trees.
The way is in Boar in Brockhall
Under ale, under bread, under cheese.

-Mossflower, by Brian Jacques.
avatar
Forest Shepherd
Trekkie in training

Posts : 4081
Join date : 2013-11-02
Age : 27
Location : Northern California

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you, facebook!

Post by David H on Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:45 am

Norc wrote:well, i have add-block on.. but i don't see how having firefox and add-block prevents faebook basically hacking into my webcam will help.


It's the script-blockers like noscript that do the job. They can block almost all script code including pictures and video, and they're REALLY good at letting you know if a program is trying to turn something on or off without asking. But if you're using Chrome you've already got a lot of tracking junk on your hard drive. As far as I can tell Google is just as bad as Facebook Rolling Eyes

_________________
 
avatar
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Posts : 6767
Join date : 2011-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you, facebook!

Post by halfwise on Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:47 pm

Oh, facebook is 99% evil. I keep it just so old friends can find me but never look at it otherwise.

My hatred stemmed from when I took some stupid survey for fun along the lines of "which zoo animal would you sleep with" because I wanted to see what everyone said, then at the end of the quiz was informed that facebook had sent the word that I had taken the quiz to ALL my connections. The fucking thing is set up to do this kind of thing by default.

I eventually figured out how to go in and turn everything off, but the very fact they they would follow you along even when not on facebook by DEFAULT told me to never trust them ever again.

_________________
Halfwise, son of Halfwit. Brother of Nitwit, son of Halfwit. Half brother of Figwit.
Then it gets complicated...
avatar
halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Posts : 14386
Join date : 2012-02-01
Location : rustic broom closet in farthing of Manhattan

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you, facebook!

Post by Eldorion on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:24 pm

So, which zoo animal was it?
avatar
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

Posts : 23311
Join date : 2011-02-13
Age : 24
Location : Maryland, United States

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you, facebook!

Post by halfwise on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:51 pm

Evil or Very Mad

Years ago, don't remember what the selections were, but I probably wouldn't turn down a Siberian Tiger. Not that I'd have much choice in the matter if it was interested.

_________________
Halfwise, son of Halfwit. Brother of Nitwit, son of Halfwit. Half brother of Figwit.
Then it gets complicated...
avatar
halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Posts : 14386
Join date : 2012-02-01
Location : rustic broom closet in farthing of Manhattan

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you, facebook!

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:38 pm

{{{ I'm afraid Halfy the days when you could decide which zoo animal to fuck in the privacy of your own home are long gone! Very Happy Whats the world coming to?!! Very Happy }}}

_________________
Pure Publications, The Tower of Lore and the Former Admin's Office are Reasonably Proud to Present-



A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.


- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view



*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
avatar
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Posts : 40692
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 46
Location : Scotshobbitland

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you, facebook!

Post by Forest Shepherd on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:12 pm

Oh. I misread that as "zoo animal you would want to be".

Goodness, what depravity they promote on Facebook!

_________________
Boar is badger, named after wood,
Not after forest but trees.
Where did you play on a rainy day?
Where did I eat bread and cheese?
Search inside, stay indoors,
Look up and find the secret is yours.
Your castle your fort,
Or so you thought.
The way is in four trees.
The way is in Boar in Brockhall
Under ale, under bread, under cheese.

-Mossflower, by Brian Jacques.
avatar
Forest Shepherd
Trekkie in training

Posts : 4081
Join date : 2013-11-02
Age : 27
Location : Northern California

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you, facebook!

Post by halfwise on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:37 pm

Um no...that's the point.  Facebook actually had NOTHING to do with this survey, instead it was just lurking and waiting to report anything I did to as wide a circle as it could find for me.  That was the insidious part, you don't even have to have Facebook open! pale  

Unless you turn it off, it's not only tracking you, it's actively reporting what you do to anyone it can find associated with you. EVEN IF YOU'VE SHUT IT DOWN.  I call that evil.  Just like it left Norc's camera open and watching, by default.  Pure unmitigated evil.  

Well ... actually mitigated by being the best way to find someone you've lost touch with...but beyond that one admittedly useful and irreplaceable service, sheer evil.

_________________
Halfwise, son of Halfwit. Brother of Nitwit, son of Halfwit. Half brother of Figwit.
Then it gets complicated...
avatar
halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Posts : 14386
Join date : 2012-02-01
Location : rustic broom closet in farthing of Manhattan

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you, facebook!

Post by Norc on Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:15 pm

David H wrote:
Norc wrote:well, i have add-block on.. but i don't see how having firefox and add-block prevents faebook basically hacking into my webcam will help.


It's the script-blockers like noscript that do the job. They can block almost all script code including pictures and video, and they're REALLY good at letting you know if a program is trying to turn something on or off without asking. But if you're using Chrome you've already got a lot of tracking junk on your hard drive. As far as I can tell Google is just as bad as Facebook Rolling Eyes

yeah i know... google is shit too... but it is still illegal to use information and to spy. right? have i agreed to this?
avatar
Norc
Khaleesi

Posts : 19164
Join date : 2011-12-21
Age : 23

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you, facebook!

Post by Norc on Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:18 pm

halfwise wrote:Oh, facebook is 99% evil.  I keep it just so old friends can find me but never look at it otherwise.

My hatred stemmed from when I took some stupid survey for fun along the lines of "which zoo animal would you sleep with" .

but literally everyone knows that those quizzes are bullshit and should be avoided like the plague. only grandmothers and people 55+ take those. i've had to talk to my mom several times and told her not to go near them...
avatar
Norc
Khaleesi

Posts : 19164
Join date : 2011-12-21
Age : 23

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you, facebook!

Post by halfwise on Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:36 pm

Even if the quizzes are bullshit, isn't it additional bullshit that facebook is tracking your usage of them and broadcasting?

_________________
Halfwise, son of Halfwit. Brother of Nitwit, son of Halfwit. Half brother of Figwit.
Then it gets complicated...
avatar
halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Posts : 14386
Join date : 2012-02-01
Location : rustic broom closet in farthing of Manhattan

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you, facebook!

Post by David H on Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:36 pm

Norc wrote:
yeah i know... google is shit too... but it is still illegal to use information and to spy. right? have i agreed to this?

I don't know....These corporations all have huge legal departments..... Suspect
I'm guessing at some point when you were first signing up for service you clicked on a button that said "I AGREE" to certain terms,
and when you did you signed all your privacy rights away.

_________________
 
avatar
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Posts : 6767
Join date : 2011-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you, facebook!

Post by Norc on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:42 am

David H wrote:
Norc wrote:
yeah i know... google is shit too... but it is still illegal to use information and to spy. right? have i agreed to this?

I don't know....These corporations all have huge legal departments..... Suspect
I'm guessing at some point when you were first signing up for service you clicked on a button that said "I AGREE" to certain terms,
and when you did you signed all your privacy rights away.

before i know it i am part of a human sentipede..


Spoiler:
that's a south park reference
avatar
Norc
Khaleesi

Posts : 19164
Join date : 2011-12-21
Age : 23

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you, facebook!

Post by azriel on Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:54 pm

I have facebook, under a false name, I gave no details of where I live, what I do for a living, what school I went to etc. I gave an old email address I made up just for facebook. I don't buy on facebook & I don't give out details. They have asked for my phone number "in case I get locked out ", they haven't got it. I chat to my family via FB & that's it. Anything I say is a lie in response, anything I'm asked is a lie in response. The only thing I have that traces me is the photo's my family put up & I put on my wall/page/timeline. I'm quite paranoid & suspect things. I don't do the silly quizzes or " what animal are you if you were " posts people put up. I am aware of being conned & scammed & worry if anyone can get into my bank account or, steal my identity.

_________________
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish.”
"There are far, far, better things ahead than any we can leave behind"
If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got



avatar
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Posts : 13773
Join date : 2012-10-07
Age : 58
Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you, facebook!

Post by Mrs Figg on Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:04 pm

azriel wrote:I have facebook, under a false name, I gave no details of where I live, what I do for a living, what school I went to etc. I gave an old email address I made up just for facebook. I don't buy on facebook & I don't give out details. They have asked for my phone number  "in case I get locked out ", they haven't got it. I chat to my family via FB & that's it. Anything I say is a lie in response, anything I'm asked is a lie in response. The only thing I have that traces me is the photo's my family put up & I put on my wall/page/timeline. I'm quite paranoid & suspect things. I don't do the silly quizzes  or " what animal are you if you were " posts people put up. I am aware of being conned & scammed & worry if anyone can get into my bank account or, steal my identity.


me too. its invasive but still useful for certain things. its best not to give any personal info.

_________________
avatar
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Posts : 22392
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 88
Location : Holding The Door

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you, facebook!

Post by Forest Shepherd on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:26 pm

I don't use it all. Shrugging

Human centipedes, yep, that's Facebook's goal I'm sure.

_________________
Boar is badger, named after wood,
Not after forest but trees.
Where did you play on a rainy day?
Where did I eat bread and cheese?
Search inside, stay indoors,
Look up and find the secret is yours.
Your castle your fort,
Or so you thought.
The way is in four trees.
The way is in Boar in Brockhall
Under ale, under bread, under cheese.

-Mossflower, by Brian Jacques.
avatar
Forest Shepherd
Trekkie in training

Posts : 4081
Join date : 2013-11-02
Age : 27
Location : Northern California

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you, facebook!

Post by bungobaggins on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:17 pm

Haven't had fakebook for 5 years now. Don't miss it one bit, just a pissing contest to see who's life is the most extravagant and successful.

bungobaggins
The Mayor

Posts : 6374
Join date : 2013-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you, facebook!

Post by Norc on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:04 pm

i want to be able to delete my facebook, that freeing feeling you know, but the reality is i can't. i am a young person and my network and social life all evolves around facebook in one way or another. i would be totally alienated without it..
avatar
Norc
Khaleesi

Posts : 19164
Join date : 2011-12-21
Age : 23

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you, facebook!

Post by Forest Shepherd on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:16 pm

Excuse me if this is wrong, but is being able to permanently delete Facebook something that they didn't offer several years ago? I remember wanting to delete my account, and only being able to "deactivate it" instead, so that it went into a dormancy mode or whatever.

_________________
Boar is badger, named after wood,
Not after forest but trees.
Where did you play on a rainy day?
Where did I eat bread and cheese?
Search inside, stay indoors,
Look up and find the secret is yours.
Your castle your fort,
Or so you thought.
The way is in four trees.
The way is in Boar in Brockhall
Under ale, under bread, under cheese.

-Mossflower, by Brian Jacques.
avatar
Forest Shepherd
Trekkie in training

Posts : 4081
Join date : 2013-11-02
Age : 27
Location : Northern California

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you, facebook!

Post by bungobaggins on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:50 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:Excuse me if this is wrong, but is being able to permanently delete Facebook something that they didn't offer several years ago? I remember wanting to delete my account, and only being able to "deactivate it" instead, so that it went into a dormancy mode or whatever.

Yes you can permanently delete it. I had to go to a specific page and enter my information. Then after a 30 day period everything was deleted.

bungobaggins
The Mayor

Posts : 6374
Join date : 2013-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you, facebook!

Post by Bluebottle on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:55 pm

https://www.datatilsynet.no/om-personvern/hva-er-personvern/

I think I'd probably contact facebook in Norway, say what happened and ask for an explanation Shrugging

As for facebook, what a tremendouus time waster. (I waste a lot of time there, that is.) Razz

_________________
“We're doomed,” he says, casually. “There's no question about that. But it's OK to be doomed because then you can just enjoy your life."
avatar
Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Posts : 9842
Join date : 2013-11-09
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Fuck you, facebook!

Post by Ringdrotten on Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:54 pm

Norc wrote:i want to be able to delete my facebook, that freeing feeling you know, but the reality is i can't. i am a young person and my network and social life all evolves around facebook in one way or another. i would be totally alienated without it..

Word

_________________
“The Lord is my shepherd. I shall not want for nothing. He makes me lie down in the green pastures. He greases up my head with oil. He gives me kung-fu in the face of my enemies. Amen”. - Tom Cullen


avatar
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Posts : 4495
Join date : 2011-02-13

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum