Wonders of Biology

Go down

Wonders of Biology

Post by halfwise on Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:22 pm

I couldn't find a thread to put this in, so I created a new one.

We may have a newly discovered organ, the interstitium.  Seems to be the backbone of the lymphatic system.

http://bgr.com/2018/03/28/new-human-organ-interstitium-skin-tissue/

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Re: Wonders of Biology

Post by Mrs Figg on Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:40 pm

is this the Dark Matter of the flesh?

and why is that skellington sexy?

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:47 pm

I think the brown stuff's supposed to be the interstitium.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:26 pm

If there is a link with this interstitium & nasty diseases that would be the break through scientists have been after no ? And yeah, why has she got a good bod & big boobs ??? Suspect Fairness would, nay should, have been 1 man & 1 woman of average proportions

azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:50 pm

{{ Found this interesitng- turns out a human being is only 43% actual human.

'Human cells make up only 43% of the body's total cell count. The rest are microscopic colonists....Prof Ruth Ley, the director of the department of microbiome science at the Max Planck Institute, "your body isn't just you".
No matter how well you wash, nearly every nook and cranny of your body is covered in microscopic creatures.
This includes bacteria, viruses, fungi and archaea (organisms originally misclassified as bacteria)....Prof Rob Knight, from University of California San Diego, told the BBC: "You're more microbe than you are human."....
The human genome - the full set of genetic instructions for a human being - is made up of 20,000 instructions called genes.
But add all the genes in our microbiome together and the figure comes out between two and 20 million microbial genes.
Prof Sarkis Mazmanian, a microbiologist from Caltech, argues: "We don't have just one genome, the genes of our microbiome present essentially a second genome which augment the activity of our own.
"What makes us human is, in my opinion, the combination of our own DNA, plus the DNA of our gut microbes."...... Prof Knight said: "We're finding ways that these tiny creatures totally transform our health in ways we never imagined until recently."....
"In a diseased state there could be bugs missing, for example, the concept is to reintroduce those."
Dr Lawley says there's growing evidence that repairing someone's microbiome "can actually lead to remission" in diseases such as ulcerative colitis, a type of inflammatory bowel disease.
And he added: "I think for a lot of diseases we study it's going to be defined mixtures of bugs, maybe 10 or 15 that are going into a patient."- BBC

One of the reasons this strikes me as interesting in-particular is back in my shaman studying days one of the concepts introduced was the belief that humans are not individual creatures, when Shaman 'see' a human (ie perceive energy directly rather than as objects) they see that humans are what they called a 'colony' made up of different energy fields bound together in a cocoon of energy. They ascertained from observing this that human beings were in fact made of many different types of energy from different beings and were not a single entity.
Nor were the other energy fields merely structural (they differentiate between structural energy- say that which makes a rock and energy that makes living things-  by the absence or presence of what they referred to as the 'glow of awareness' which lights up energy fields within the living thing and selects the corresponding fields outside the living thing which match up- the result of doing this according to these shamans is perception and awareness (the universe we see therefore is a result of matching the energy that makes us with the fields outside us which we are compatible  and therefore we can perceive. In short the universe we see is real, its just not all of it, or anything like all. A bat for example which has a very different way of perceiving the universe has for example energy fields within it which can match up to ones outside it- those letting it perceive via sonar- which humans to not possess, therefore unlike the bat we cant utilize those energy fields at large, so we dont get sonar).
In humans the energy has the glow of awareness despite being a colony of energy fields. The conclusion therefore is that humans are made up of lots of different living energy fields combined. That we are a colony not an individual creature. I found it interesting that the article refers to these other life forms which are so symbiotic with what it is to be a human that they referred to them as 'colonists'.

Like many things I learned in those days and from my own experiences they keep getting confirmed by modern science. }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:07 pm

Be sure you know if you are counting fraction by volume or by cell count. By volume about 1000 bacteria could fit in a normal cell, so you get extremely different outcomes. I'd reckon by volume you're at least 99% human after a good colonic purge.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:20 pm

{{ By cell count- going on the article- 'Human cells make up only 43% of the body's total cell count. The rest are microscopic colonists'  }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum