All New Who

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33

Go down

All New Who - Page 33 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by Mrs Figg on Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:34 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:

Figg- do you mean the character from the Potter books, or Emma bloody Watson? Cause if its the later then no, no and NO! She cant act for toffee, its like watching paint dry, on a plank of wood. And Who demands a hell of a range from its actors given week to week it can be in any genre or dramatic style. It would horribly expose her awkward limited eyebrow acting. }}

I mean Hermione Grainger aka Emma Watson. She would have been a wonderful buttoned up starched up foil to Gilgun's dangerous, upredictable and wild yet oddly innocent Doctor. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd on Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:42 am

With a third character on the Tardis, I could be okay with that.

"'But whereas we have drunk with thee, who seemest to be a man of lineage, and thou hast been blithe with us, we will tell thee that we have seen one riding south along the Greenway, clad in a coat as green as the way, with the leafless tree done on his breast. So nigh to him we were that we heard his cry as he sped along, as ye may hear the lapwing whining, for he said: "POINT AND EDGE, POINT AND EDGE! THE RED WATER AMIDST OF THE HILLS!" In my lifetime such a man hath, to my knowledge, been seen thrice before; and after each sight of him followed evil days and the death of men.'"

-The Well at the World's End, William Morris
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
Trekkie in training

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:10 am

Hermione Grainger aka Emma Watson- Figg

{{ I'm still not sure if you want just the character, or the actress too, I suppose Watson could manage maybe an episode before her entire repertoire of facial expressions are all used up!

Main issue either way of course is magic and supernatural stuff doesn't exist in the Whoverse, yes there are psychic aliens and psychic based tech and the like, but its all at least pretend science- but the out and out supernatural and magical is always shown to be fake in Who and to not exist. }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg on Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:02 am

Forest Shepherd wrote:With a third character on the Tardis, I could be okay with that.

Who would your third person be? I think maybe Rigsy would be my choice, as he was an interesting and refreshing character.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:10 am

{{ Ok back to the rumour mill!

First about all we actually know for sure- filming continues on series 12 and it's behind schedule somewhat. It also appears that even this far into filming the episode running order has not been decided upon. That's it for facts.

Now back to what apparently caused the BBC to lose their shit in the first place-

Spoiler:
well allegedly in the much touted Judoon episode the reason they have been publicising it and the Judoon is a cover for the fact its actually a return episode (again  Rolling Eyes ) for Rose. She is in need of rescuing from the Judoon police force with some heavy handed police brutality commentary thrown in for good measure.
That's not what upset the BBC, bad as it already sounds, its that once rescued 13 declares her love for Rose and off we go down the lesbian love route.

Now I have some serious issues with this if true. The main one being it undermines what RTD wrote- even Moffat said he wouldn't mess with RTD's ending to that story and is why 'Rose' appears in the 50th in the guise of the Moment and the 10 in that stroy is snatched form his time line post Rose. But not for Chibbers- he is happy to go smash that one right down.
For those who maybe have forgotten the whole tragic point and confirmation of the Doctors tragic lifestyle when seen from the perspective of love, friendship and relationships, is that he cant tell her he loves her, he cant say the words knowing he will out live her, that she will, in his own words, 'wither and die'- 'You can spend the rest of your life with me, but I can't spend the rest of mine with you. .that's the curse of the Time Lords.'
The entire point of the last moments on Bad Wolf Bay together is that at the very last he decides he will say it only to have the chance snatched away from him. A moment that will never come again, not just from lack of opportunity but because that moment has passed for him where he had the courage and the ability and the motivation to say it. And it was now a long time ago for the Doctor, three bodies and at least a thousand years ago, Rose is a sad distant memory now and he had a wife in River Song in the meantime.
To go back to that and declare love for her now would just stomp all over the poignancy of that ending not to mention just not making sense in the context of the Doctor's life since Rose.

The other thing is the character of Rose. At no point in her tenure was their even the slightest hint that she had any interest in the same sex, all her attention was strongly focused on males.
And whilst I wouldn't go so far as to call Rose prejudice she is not open minded either, on first encountering diverse aliens she has a hard time at first adjusting, causing the Doctor to sarcastically comment "Lucky I didn't take you to the Deep South" and upon discovering Captain Jack swings all ways and that humans of the future go out into the stars to meet interesting new species and 'dance' with them she seems genuinely taken aback and shocked.
In short there was nothing in her personality or actions that indicate she would be ok and ready to slip it into a relationship with the Doctor were the Doctor in female form or that she would be attracted physically to a female. It would be completely out of nowhere and so completely out of character.

Now if there is even a grain of truth to any of these rumours is another matter. But if they are true I can certainly see why the BBC took issue with it. But if it goes ahead in some form then if the fan reaction to last serious was vitriolic god help the next one! }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg on Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:54 pm

Rolling Eyes  looks like Chibbers is scraping the barrel for ideas....if the scrapings are anything like your barrel.. pale

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië on Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:07 pm

I don't know where to begin. Eru have mercy.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

All New Who - Page 33 Lolcat-petting2
Today the Shire, DarkPlanet cat. Tomorrow... THE WORLD!

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Yesterday at 9:08 pm

Shocked affraid That rumour can't be true can it? It sounds far too far fetched and cheesy even for Chibnall, then again I'd prefer barrel scraping fan service over lazy mediocrity which S11 apparently had in spades? (still haven't watched a full episode...and from the clips I've seen Whitaker seems slightly miscast...)

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagual Yesterday at 10:05 pm

Having just watched 'Pigs in Space Doctor Who' (with David Tennant) it found it more enjoyable than the 13th Doc, and I came to realise may have been the guide Chib' used to structure his own episodes. But without the subtlety lol
Nagual
Nagual
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Today at 11:50 am

yep that's the key, enjoyment, I enjoyed all RTD episodes no matter how flawed because I believed Tennant was the Doctor. But I didn't enjoy any of Chibbers episodes because I don't believe Jodie is the Doctor.

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum