Amazing Technology

Go down

Amazing Technology Empty Amazing Technology

Post by halfwise on Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:19 pm

I think we needed this thread. Here's the first entry, and I can't believe that little thing has enough power to make this happen.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/french-inventor-wows-bastille-day-084043545.html

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Amazing Technology Empty Re: Amazing Technology

Post by Erastotti on Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:51 am

This is just unbelievable! But I wouldn’t use it, I’m probably too afraid of heights and new technologies. I would like to add that the French generally have many interesting inventions and studies. But unfortunately, not everything is in translation, so I use Translate.com and I always know about new achievements. If interested, I advise you. I can also share where I read about the latest.

Last edited by Erastotti on Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

Erastotti

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:06 am

{{ Hi Erasotti- welcome to Forumshire! cheers  Hope you will find our rather quirky and at times eccentric posting style to not be too off-putting and will join our little community. With Amazons potentially exiciting or disasterous (depending on your view point) Tolkien based adaptation coming up should be plenty to discuss,and while we wait for that hopefully you will find some of the other topics of interest and worth contributing to.
Although it does mean stirring Odo Banks up from his slumber as he supplies new members with one of his holes to live in, be warned Odo's holes can be quite damp No }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Erastotti on Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:13 am

Thanks! I am very pleased that newcomers are welcome here. I hope that I can adapt here.

Erastotti

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:27 pm

Hi Erastotti! Welcome aboard.

Though most of our discussions lately have been non-Tolkien, it is an essential requirement that you have a Tolkien interest. Unfortunately Amazon has not yet offered us enough to form clear opinions of what they are up to, but that's probably the most active on-topic discussion going on.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:00 pm

{{ Yup we need some Amazon news to get properly worked up about! Twisted Evil And hopeffuly will see some more new memebers turn up like you Erastotti- these styl eof forums are not as popular as they once were, and sadly ours is no exception to that trend- but we've beenhere through alot- PJ's films ( Mad ) new Tolkien book releases and now Amazon. And damned if we arent determined to be here for it too! Nod }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:45 pm

It would probably help if we could change our name off of "hobbit movie" but I suppose there's no hope of that. We nearly all hated the damn thing anyway once it came out, but our name looks like a celebration of that pile of dung.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:52 pm

Amazing Technology Capture

{{Now if our Admin is keeping a watchful Dark Planet eye upon us, she may be able to at least replace the banner with something less associated with that pile of PJ expulsions Evil or Very Mad }}

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:25 pm

I like the banner. Perhaps you could photoshop it into a different name?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:38 pm

{{ Well if we are to have a new name, apart from Forumshire as I assume and hope that bit is sacred! then it has to be a forum wide decision as always.
However given the lack of folk about at the moment I think this might take (unfortunately!) Pure Publlications and a NotP publicity push to get things moving. }}

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië on Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:16 pm

I tried to switch the top banner but it it somehow messed up the background scratch Might be for the best, but a more fitting text there does sound like a good idea. Maybe one of these day I'll fire up the old entish pc and look at it there.

Anyhow. We are stuck with hobbitmovieforum.com untill next time we renew domain and stuff, july or something. Means there is time to discuss (again) if it's something we want to do.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

Amazing Technology Lolcat-petting2
Today the Shire, DarkPlanet cat. Tomorrow... THE WORLD!

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:52 pm

{{ Amarie! cheers I knew you'd be keeping the surveilance on Smile
July should be good timing hopefully for interest in the amazon series to be growing rapidly (Im not sure whens it actually scheduled for) and time enough for a good old fashioned wrangle for a new domain name and a classic Forumshire vote. Nod With liberal interference, I mean assistance from Forumshires press. }}

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise on Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:13 am

We can change it? :carrot: That would be rad. Can we set up a redirecting landing page for those coming back from a long bender and discovering we are gone? (Norc, RA, Odo, etc)

halfwise

Back to top Go down