Forumshire chat server

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Forumshire chat server - Page 2 Empty Re: Forumshire chat server

Post by Mrs Figg on Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:29 pm

Its definitely easier when people have things in common to break the ice with. Its when I cant open a conversation with "so how shit was season 8/Dr Who/Hobbit Movie then?" that is the problem. The worst is having to 'network' while standing around alone in a room while everyone else is deep in networky conversations. I just make an excuse and leave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd on Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:01 pm

What? I open with that line anyway. Sorts the wheat from the chaff real quick! (The wheat being people I can talk to comfortably.) The only problem is that I get a reputation for disliking things.

"'But whereas we have drunk with thee, who seemest to be a man of lineage, and thou hast been blithe with us, we will tell thee that we have seen one riding south along the Greenway, clad in a coat as green as the way, with the leafless tree done on his breast. So nigh to him we were that we heard his cry as he sped along, as ye may hear the lapwing whining, for he said: "POINT AND EDGE, POINT AND EDGE! THE RED WATER AMIDST OF THE HILLS!" In my lifetime such a man hath, to my knowledge, been seen thrice before; and after each sight of him followed evil days and the death of men.'"

-The Well at the World's End, William Morris
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
Trekkie in training

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagual on Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:36 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:What? I open with that line anyway. Sorts the wheat from the chaff real quick! (The wheat being people I can talk to comfortably.)  The only problem is that I get a reputation for disliking things.

You and Petty sound like you'd get on great Smile
Nagual
Nagual
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle on Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:26 pm

Forest has some Scottish in him? Shocked

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg on Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:20 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:What? I open with that line anyway. Sorts the wheat from the chaff real quick! (The wheat being people I can talk to comfortably.)  The only problem is that I get a reputation for disliking things.

That's funny, I get a reputation of being a weirdo incapable of furthering her academic career due to a fixation with dragons. Mad

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2