Dark Planet Day Challenge: Forumshire fanfic

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Dark Planet Day Challenge: Forumshire fanfic - Page 9 Empty Re: Dark Planet Day Challenge: Forumshire fanfic

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:50 pm

you couldn't resist at the end could you - Kafria

No, and to be honest the fight I put up to resist using it was preety feeble. Very Happy

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Dark Planet Day Challenge: Forumshire fanfic - Page 9 Empty Re: Dark Planet Day Challenge: Forumshire fanfic

Post by Eldorion on Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:50 pm

Two awesome updates at once. Very Happy I'm loving this, and my presentation is growing on me (for now). Razz Cool
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc on Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:52 pm

yeah, two updates Very Happy maybe one more? Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:54 pm

Got the next part on the brew at the moment Norc. Should be up in an hour or so, I hope.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc on Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:56 pm

I was actually hinting towards the needlehole mysteries..
I am really sorry, but I haven't had time to look at any of the stories here or Haddon hall Sad sorry...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg on Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:58 pm

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië on Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:07 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Got the next part on the brew at the moment Norc. Should be up in an hour or so, I hope.

Yey! Hope there's more of "me" there, I so wonder what I am up to. Laughing I also wonder if there will be any building left at DP when the story ends.

And yeah, also waiting for TNM updates... Dark Planet Day Challenge: Forumshire fanfic - Page 9 Kaffepc

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

Dark Planet Day Challenge: Forumshire fanfic - Page 9 Lolcat-petting2
Today the Shire, DarkPlanet cat. Tomorrow... THE WORLD!

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:17 pm

Amarie stared at the monitoring banks. Palantir screen after screen covered the wall. Scrutinisers, small underfed inhabitants of the Dark Planet who lived almost entirely subterranean lives down here under the Admin Tower monitoring everyone else, sat in rows before the screens, their oversized eyes reflecting back the images.
Amarie sighed, the only thing wrong with her perfect plan was that it was quite clearly no longer perfect.
She looked at the screen showing the blown apart entrance to the Dark Planet. They did not matter really, the ragtag group of Forumshirers she could see edging carefully and cautiously out the ruined doorway. They were not even aware they were being watched. Their presence did not change her plan. They would get their people and their Lore and then leave. And that was the plan after all, how many of them achieved it did not really matter.
She felt a twang of pain and sadness at that. Why was that? She had felt this before, the first time she had helped them to escape- but she had convinced herself then that had been prudence- best to get rid of them. But she had not counted on Pretty choosing to stay to help her, that had been the first mistake. They had not left, and with one here the others had, slowly but surely come, returned to find her. And so Amarie had devised her second plan, the magical tracker placed one of them. That would remove them altogether when the Dark Planet came for the Harvest. Another twang of what? Self-doubt? Regret? Why was she doing this? Did she want rid of them because they brought only disruption, or because she feared that she might rather like them? She tried to dismiss that thought. She reminded herself why they had to go. They were chaotic. Absurd even. She liked neatness. Order. She liked things to be organised, catalogued, alphabetically if necessary.
And yet these people, who had since the Dark Planet consumed them caused nothing but trouble, who had brought nothing but chaos, turning order on its head and throwing her into a topsy turvy world she could barely recognise, these people also made her long for something, although she was not even quite sure what.
“Fun leads to chaos. Freedoms to crimes,” she mentally quoted to herself from the popular slogan which often appeared on posters throughout the Dark Planet.
It did not seem to comfort her any. She thought she had been content here; obeying the rules, watching what she said and more importantly watching what others said. She had felt in control. A part of the system, a necessary cog in a well oiled machine. A machine whose great purpose was to make a world where all debate, all discussion was narrowly defined, crystal clear and without dissent. A place of peace and agreed knowledge.
But now it seemed sterile and the purpose of the machine she was a part of empty and hollow.
And besides she had been doing some investigating of her own into Taz recently and she was no longer certain what the purpose of the machine was, she was beginning to doubt it was what she, or the rest of the Council believed it was.
And she could not fully deny to herself that since these newcomers had entered her life she had felt more alive in a few days with them than in years on the Dark Planet. That was the truth of it.
She shook her head, dismissed the thoughts. The screens blinked at her, red warning lights were flashing everywhere, she had already turned all the alarms to mute or she would be deafened by now. It was going to take weeks to fix the ruin that this had brought about. She hoped Taz felt their Lore was worth it.
She looked along the wall to a screen four along. Here was the first potential fly in her ointment of a perfect new plan. The screen displayed a slender beautiful elf with raven black hair who was playing golf with the guards, and not in a sporting way.
Amarie had no idea who this elf was but her own elven blood told her to be cautious. There was a power in this one, this elf had a casualness about her manner that betrayed the certainty she felt in no real danger.
One unknown factor was bad enough but the screen next to that was the most astonishing of all, on it there were two dragons, one large one smaller flying straight towards them. She had no idea where they had come from. How had they got past the lobby without being detected? Were they some part of the Forumshirers plan? An absurd coincidence? She simply did not know, but she was taking no chances. She gave the order to scramble the Searchers. She doubted very much they would be able to stop the dragons but they might at least slow them long enough for her to come up with a new perfect plan.

“If we ever get out of here we will say we found you,” Odo said cleaning his glasses on the corner of his shirt, “yes, we rescued you from here,” he nodded affirmatively and replaced his glasses on his almost invisible speck of a nose.
“Why can't we just tell them where I come from?” Orwell asked from across the cell.
“Because I refuse to believe you are anything to do with me and I am not having other, less respectable folks, gossiping about us behind my, our, back, backs. Not with the way you act. If you or Pretty tell anyone I will deny it all fervently as sure as my name is Odo Banks. Which is it.”
“OK we can say I am your long lost cousin,” Orwell suggested.
“No,” Odo said firmly, “No relation at all. I am not having the good name of Banks besmirched by your antics. And there will be antics, don't try to tell me there won't.”
“Good name of the Banks!” Orwell replied incredulously, “What about the fact our entire family fortune is based on a stolen magic coal scuttle.”
Odo's face went purple with rage and a vein starting throbbing on his tall forehead, “That is outrageous! You know fine well we won that coal scuttle in an almost fair bet. How can you even claim to be a part of me when you would say such a thing?”
“You forget,” Orwell said with a smile, “I am the part of you that is your deepest thoughts, the bits you don't say.”
“Well I think you have said more than enough. I am certainly not telling people you are my cousin now. Imagine if that devious Scotshobbit heard you say something like that thinking you were a Banks. It would be disastrous. He might even get a Lawyer! No definitely not family of any sort. Nothing legally binding.”
“Well what then?”
“Old friend of the family?” Odo said, “Yes, reason for you to be about but not to closely associated. And you are to stay away from my wives.”
“Our wives” Orwell corrected.
“They most certainly are not!” Odo responded with a flash of anger and a reasserting of the throbbing temple vein. He snatched his glasses off again and began cleaning them vigorously.
“And I want a cut of the jelly action,” Orwell added, warming to the easy job of riling Odo, which was like shooting fish in a barrel.
“Why, how dare you I work hard to earn that jelly,” Odo blustered.
“And let's not forget your, our, little seed cake habit,” Orwell grinned.
“Now!” Odo warned, his face going ashen.
“Maybe I can persuade Wisey to publish some of those channelled pieces he has done on your little night time cravings, you know,” Orwell said twisting the knife with a slow relish, “the ones you never let the Archet Bugle see. And what about those classes you take at Our Lady's with the Sixth Form girls?”
“Those are perfectly respectable,” Odo insisted putting his glasses back on.
“Respectable?” Orwell parroted, “you take a Class on “Appropriate bending and stretching in public places.”
“That's a very important life skill,” Odo replied his face red to his ears, and there was a lot of face to cover, “it is crucial they are secure in their decorum, when is it appropriate to bend over to pick something up? Or the dangers of getting in and out of carriages at public events in a fashionable length skirt. If mistakes are going to be made, and they will be, bless them, then it is best they are made in the secure and safe environs of the classroom in the presence of a trained professional. And not outside where the palantiratzzi can get them.”
“That is some excuse- have you been working on that long? But what does it matter anyway?” Orwell said throwing up his arms, “not much chance of us getting out of here is there. I'll never see this Forumshire, or our wives, or the jelly,” he sighed, “or the Sixth Form girls at Our Lady's.”
They both fell silent. Outside, despite the thick walls they could hear the confusion that reigned outside still, every so often there was a rumble of collapsing masonry as more of the Extraction Tower gave way.
“I wonder how Pretty is doing?” Orwell mused eventually, “Why do you think they put her on her own but not us?”
“Because we didn't need an entire battalion of heavily armed men to subdue us,” Odo replied.

Pretty opened her eyes. Her shoulders hurt first, then her stomach which felt tight and strained, then her arms and her calves reported in with pain and then her extremities joined in the general grumbling. She looked around herself. She was in a cell. She was handcuffed to the rear wall of it, stretched out spread-eagle, which was why absolutely everything hurt. There was a guard in front of her and below her. He had his back to her. How stupid she thought. What was he guarding facing outwards? All that was there was a wall with a door in. The danger was behind him. Or at least would be in just a moments time.
She concentrated and gently wriggled and gyrated, at one point she popped a joint from its socket. This was not the first time she had needed to escape from being held spread eagled in handcuffs and if she was lucky nor would it be the last. It was but a few minutes work until she was free and sidling silently up behind the guard. She grabbed him round the face with her left hand covering his mouth and in the same movement kneed him with great force in the small of the back and pulled his head back hard. The guard was doubled over almost backwards, his face was looking up into Pretty's. Her bright shining green eyes looked into his terrified ones, her cropped strawberry blonde hair framed her delicate features, she batted her eyelashes at him and blew him a kiss. “Night, night,” she said and head butted him full in the face.
She searched the body and turned up a set of keys. 'Who leaves the keys on the man guarding inside the room? This place is like amateur hour,' she thought as she unlocked the door and crept out.

Amarie watched Pretty make her exit. She ordered a medical dispatch for the guard. Well that was easy enough. One free.
She turned back to the screen with the dragons. They were very close now. This she suspected would be less easy. She checked the outgoing blips on the screen. Good. The Searchers were in place waiting for them. She hoped this worked.

“FOUR!” cried a loud female elvish voice. A guard flew along the street horizontally four foot from the ground towards the group of Forumshirers. Eldo who was leading in front dodged aside just in time and the guard hit Petty, who was walking behind him, full in the face and Petty went down under the force of the impact with a curse and a flying of kilt.
Queen Tinuviel came hurrying up, club in hand, Beren was close behind scorecard in hand.
“What the !*@* was that?! Whoever did that is dead. They're claimed do yi here?” Petty angrily shouted staggering up dazed and confused. He pushed the dead guard aside.
“Is that interfering with play?” Beren queried in a rumbling voice, and pointed at Petty, “He moved the ball.”
“I think we will just count that one as a par my dear,” Tin said to him gently, “Sorry about that,” she added to Petty who seemed to notice her for the first time.
He bowed, suffering from extreme class consciousness, “Um, Your Majesty. Sorry. I never realised it was you,” he bowed again but lower so his kilt was touching the ground, “Good shot if I may say. Sorry I let my face get in the way. Your Queenliness,” he bowed some more.
Tinuviel opened her golf bag which hung over Beren's enormous shoulder, “I always keep a drop, for medical emergencies,” she said and brought out a small golden vial, “Buckie,” she explained holding it up, “Rasberry.”
“You shouldn't give him buckie,” Beren complained, “And nor should you be carrying it. It is not a Queenly beverage.”
“You stay out of this,” Petty mumbled under his breath and far to low for Beren to actually hear.
“Its perfectly acceptable for medical reasons my dear, it's a tonic, it says so on the bottle. Now pipe down,” Tin admonished Beren and handed the vial to the stunned Petty who took it and backed away bowing and scraping, now a confirmed monarchist for life.
“Now Eldo,” Tin said turning to the Admin, “What are you all doing here? No, don't tell me, you are the rescue party, come to rescue the last rescue party.”
“You've seen Kafria and Squach?” Mirabella asked.
“Yes,” Tin relied, “They went to the Towers,” she pointed down the street into the distance where the horizon was a red angry glow, “I must say I don't think you have entirely got the hang of rescuing. At this rate everyone is going to end up needing rescued.”
“Well if we fail there is no one left to do the rescuing,” GB observed.
“Seems like everyone else has gone to those towers,” Eldo said, “We should too.”
“Its a long way,” Petty commented.
“Not if you have a ride,” Eldo replied. He glanced around then seemed to spot something in the apparently blank brick wall of a buildings side. He went over to it and passed his hands over the wall and a series of flickering lights grew. “Admin access point,” he explained, “It thinks I am Brad.”
“Don't forget to smile at it then,” Petty chipped in sourly.
Eldo waved his hand across the wall one last time and the lights faded.
“Well?” Petty said as Eldo walked back towards them, “What did you do?”
There was a humming noise overhead, several distinct humming noise in fact.
“I called us a cab or two,” Eldo said as three Searchers sank out of the air to the ground, “All aboard.”

Squach belched a jet of flame, it seemed feeble in comparison to the inferno her mother seemed to be able to produce. “When you need it it will be there,” Kafria reassured her, “But be careful, that's enough for now. Take a break.”
But Squach was determined this time she was getting it right. She concentrated, felt the surge of gas from deep within roaring upwards, her mouth opened seemingly by itself and as the gas escaped her mouth there was tiny spark of electricity between her front teeth on the top row and the front teeth on the bottom and it ignited the gas in a whoosh of flame. A satisfying orange jet roared out. Its still tasted horrible and made Squach choke afterwards. Then suddenly she was spiralling downwards. She flapped her wings, but it did not help it only seemed to make it worse and she began to spin.
Kafria swooped down beside her, “I told you to stop,” she said angrily.
“What’s happening?” Squach cried fear building in her, no matter what she did she seemed to have lost all control. She was still spinning, faster and faster downwards, “Muuuummm!” she cried in a wail.
“Don't panic!” Kafria called, keeping height with her. They passed below the tops of the tallest buildings, now they were falling between black walls , the street below them, “Deep breaths. Take deep breaths.”
Squach focused on her mothers voice, quelled the panic and inhaled long and hard, she felt herself fill, she beat a wing and it seemed to ease her spinning somewhat. She breathed in deeply again and this time when she beat her wings it righted her, although her trajectory was still downwards and the buildings seemed to be still streaming by in a vertical blur. She breathed in again and this time she began to rise back into the air. She fought to right herself and gain air swooping back upwards between the brick cliff faces taking huge lungfuls of air.
“What happened?” she asked her mum when she had got her breath back.
“You should have paid more attention in your science class,” Kafria replied, “If you had you might have realised that even a dragons chest muscles are not large enough to beat your wings fast enough to allow you to fly. You fly because you have a helium bladder, its also fuel for the flame-use to much flame and you lose height. Use all your helium and you can plummet out the air like a stone.”
“Why didn't you warn me?” Squach demanded.
“This way you really learn the lesson,” Kafria replied, circling round and rising up on a current to get back above the buildings.
“So what was with the breathing?”
“Oxygen to helium conversion, there is some complex and impressive chemistry going on in there. Did you think I became a Science teacher for nothing? Very useful to a dragon knowledge of science. You refuel by breathing, in an emergency your throat will open right out and you will be able to double your intake. If you run out completely however you will be forced to ground, and that is where you are vulnerable.”
“And I thought you were just into science because you are boring,” Squach countered cheekily and back-flipped away through the air.
“You are not too big to get a frying you know,” Kafria warned. She looked ahead, the Towers were only minutes away now. The right one had all but fallen into a pile of rubble that glowed, fires raged within it unchecked. Dark specks of figures, black clad guards scuttled to and fro and all around it like a disturbed ants nest. She slowed her flight and Squach noticing checked hers also. “We should fly lower under the cover of the the buildings,” Kafria said and swooped downwards. Squach followed, enjoying the sensation of the wind tickling the scales on her underbelly and noted how the shape and small protrusions on her snout funnelled the incoming wind in a stream around her so her eyes remained crisp and clear and unaffected.
The sides of the dark blank buildings of the Dark Planet closed in about them. There was a four way junction ahead, their way was straight across it but beyond the junction the street was dark and impenetrable.
Squach twirled in the air as they shot high above the road below. Kafria heard a humming, she twisted her head round on her long neck, the sound was coming from behind. Four Searchers had dropped down into the street from the sky above and were following them at speed. “Squach,” she called in warning. Squach stopped her spinning and looked behind them, “What do we do?” she asked flying alongside.
“We keep going until we know if they can outrun us,” she replied, certain she could but not the smaller Squach. The junction was below them now and they passed over and into the darkness beyond. But just as they did so four more Searchers, two from each street either side hummed out after them and joined the others in pursuit.
Kafria glanced back again, arching her neck. Now there were eight behind staggered. She looked ahead, picking out her route but this street seemed to get darker and darker as they went along it. There were no turnings and the Searchers could fly just as high as they could. Her dragon side was sounding alarms, there was magic here too.
She saw it to late. Realised to late the magic was a Shroud. She should have know, the darkness itself was a give away. But her mind had been so cluttered today, filled with so many fears, hopes, relief and worries she had not been paying attention.
What the Shroud hid in its darkness was a net. A huge net, stretched across the street and reaching to the very tops of the buildings. And by the time they saw it, it was too late. Kafria blasted a huge ball of flame at it, knowing as she did so that whoever had thought of this had also thought of that. And so it proved, the net remained unaffected by the heat and Squach and Kafria flew right into it at high speed.
It gave at its moorings and the whole net sprang away and wrapped itself about them as they hurtled out of control through the air. There was an explosion of stone and dust as they bowled right through the outer wall of the building at the far end of the street. They smashed, rolling and howling through the interior walls eventually emerging in an explosion of outward flying debris from the other side and into clean air. Behind them the top half of the building wobbled then with some grace slowly slide sideways off and fell into ruin on the street far below.
Kafria and Squach, entirely trapped, battered beyond struggling hurtled now on a downwards trajectory. They smashed through the arch above the entrance to the compound around the Admin Tower and hit the ground in the huge courtyard sending up a massive spray of dirt. They bounced, hit the ground again sending up a second wave of dirt then tumbled and rolled a further hundred or so metres, leaving a trough in the earth that led all the way to their final resting point.
Kafria groaned from deep within the net. There was pain in her huge ribs, her head was thumping and she felt woozy, she looked for Squach, at first she could not see her as her own movement was severely restricted by the netting and her head would not turn more than an centimetre or two in any direction. But she could see Squach's head, or part of it. One closed eye and the top comer of her mouth, which was slightly open showing the white of her pointed teeth. She could hear guards closing in around them, new pains were reporting in from all over her body. She could not use her flame, the battering she had taken, and which she now feared included a broken leg, several broken ribs and possibly much worse, had knocked not just the air but the gas out of her, she was empty. But that did not matter. Nothing mattered because with horror she realised Squach did not seem to be breathing.

“What by Eru was that?” Odo said standing up. The whole cell had shook several times.
“Earthquake?” Orwell offered although he did not think so.
“It felt like something hit the ground,” Odo mused.
“If it was it must have been something pretty damn big,” Orwell observed.
There was the sound of keys being put into the lock on their cell door and they both stood back from it. The door opened to reveal Pretty standing there, “Hello,” she said cheerfully, “Anyone in need of being rescued today?”
“Pretty,” Orwell beamed, noticing that as well being completely terrifying silhouetted in the light of the doorway she was also ridiculously curvy in all the right places. It was easy to forget when you tended to only see her psychotic side, “How did you escape?”
“Suspiciously easily,” she said as they exited the cramped cell, “not only that do you know what I found when I got here?”
“No, but do enlighten us dear girl,” Odo said, “I am sure you are going to anyway.”
“Three guards on duty. The first two were sitting with their backs to the door at a table playing cards, no really. And do you know what the third guard was doing? Go on guess.” Pretty said arching a delicate eyebrow.
“I have no idea,” Odo replied wearily.
“He was asleep, drunk beside a roaring fire. And, get this, the keys to your cell were on an old fashioned key ring attached to his belt.”
“Well?” Odo said irritably, “what about it? That's the sort of thing guards do.”
“No, it isn't,” Pretty insisted, “That is my point. And believe me I have escaped a few cells in my time.”
“You mean someone is helping us to escape?” Orwell asked, “Who would do that?”
“I would,” the voice of Amarie said and she stepped out of the shadows.
Pretty marched up to her, Amarie to her credit did not flinch and she had seen Pretty in action.
“You,” Pretty said fiercely, “had us arrested.”
“I,” Amarie responded equally as fiercely, “saved your lives,” she paused and they eye-balled each other, “Twice now.”
“She has you know,” Orwell put in but Pretty did not give ground and the two remained locked like cats in a staring match.
“Much as Orwell is probably only saying that because he has a crush on anything female that will talk to him,” Odo said dryly, “he is right in this case. She did help us before and she does appear to be helping us now.”
“Is she?” Pretty asked without breaking her gaze, neither had blinked. Orwell's own eyes were watering in sympathy just watching them.
“We can do this,” Amarie said, “me and you,” she raised both her hands, the Black Admin magic of the Dark Planet shimmered about her fingers, “here and now. Or we can go get your Lore and get the hell out of here. Your choice Pretty.”
Pretty held the gaze a moment longer hen turned away, “Fine,” she conceded then turning back to Amarie added, “But I am watching you.”
“Then lets not waste any more time,” Amarie said lowering her hands and the black magic faded, “lets get going.”
“And where are we going?” Odo asked.
“To get your Lore,” she replied with a smile.

The guards, although with great trepidation, were cutting through the netting. Kafria played badly wounded which took almost no effort as she was. Her eye kept swivelling to Squach, or at least to the small part of Squach visible to her, hoping for some signs of life but there were none.
Wisely the guards were avoiding her, they had located where Squach was and were cutting through to the smaller dragon first.
Kafria felt a loosing in the bindings, they had cut though to Squach she heard them discussing how to mover her and then she saw Squach's inert head move as they hoped ropes over her head and snout to drag her out. Just as Squach began to move from Kafria's sight her eye opened and winked.

Eldo and Petty were in the lead Searcher, which was weaving erratically about twenty metres above the street. Behind them and above them was Mirabella with GB. Flying highest of all and without a hitch was the Searcher being piloted by Ally, who had Queen Tinuviel and Beren with her.
“Let me drive,” Petty said insistently from behind Eldo who was n the pilots seat.
“No chance you are drunk,” Eldo pointed out.
“Well if that was the rule I wouldn't be allowed to drive at all,” Petty protested.
“That is the rule,” Eldo said, “Remember the blurry day in the big posh building- that wasn't a palace it was a Court. You are not allowed to drive, ever again. Those chickens lay square eggs now.”
“Can't you at least go a bit faster, and higher. We are barely off the ground,” Petty grumbled.
“Then if something goes wrong we will have less distance to fall,” Eldo reasoned.
Ahead through the windscreen they could see the buildings giving way to an open Courtyard.
“What going on there?” Petty asked pointing, “looks like they've caught something down there.”

Squach was dragged unceremoniously away from her mother. She let her limbs flop loosely. It was painful, she was bruised all over but miraculously that was all. Or perhaps not miraculously, as the net and tightened she had rolled up against the belly of her mother. Her huge expanse of hardened scales, her armed fore-claws had, even as the net closed upon them, closed upon Squach. Protected her. Every hit, every bump, every collision her mother had borne. And with the new found wisdom that seemed to come with dragon form Squach had neither felt pained for her mother nor herself but had instead prepared. She had breathed.
She sensed a guard leaning over head. Something painful and pointy jabbed at the side of her head, she let it loll without reaction.
“I think this is one is dead,” the man said.
Squach's mouth opened a fraction there was a moments hiss of gas and then a huge, blinding jet of flame white at its core blasted forth. Her mother had been right, it was there when she needed it. She stretched her wings, blasted more flame, running her neck so it sprayed in a half circle all around incinerating everything within a 50 metre radius.

“Bloody hell” Petty exclaimed peering out the window, “Its a dragon.”
“Kafria?” Eldo asked.
“Maybe, I thought she would, you know be a bit more impressive. I mean the flames good and all that, but bit small for a dragon wouldn't you say?”
“You don't mean,” Eldo said twisting in his seat to get a better look and bringing the Searcher bumping round to pass close by.
“Squach?” Petty answered with a shrug,”who knows. I don’t know anything about dragons.”
Their Searcher swung round, the other two followed. Eldo had to concede to more height but as they approached the dragon rose in to the air, it blasted some guards who were emerging from the central tower and then it spotted there Searchers.
“Um Eldo,” Petty aid concerned as the dragon turned towards them
“She thinks we are an enemy,” Eldo said.
“Of course she bloody does we are in an enemy vehicle,” Petty yelled, “Evasive manoeuvres. Pattern Delta and all that,” he rambled as Squach got into firing range.
“Too late,” Eldo cried.
“I know,” Petty cried suddenly and pulled open the window.

Fire was not just spouting from Squach's mouth, it was burning in her veins. Her mother was hurt, maybe badly on the ground below and these people were responsible. The Dragon demanded revenge. She would fry these flying things out of the sky like annoying gnats. She opened her mouth ready to release and then noticed something sticking out of the window of the lead Searcher. It was round, pale, so pale it was blue in places and so white on the rounder bits it shone like the moon. It was fringed with a halo of tartan which flapped in the wind.
There was only one race had a bum so pale it was blue and only one race with a predisposition for showing it off. Her flame turned into a laugh.
“Put it away Petty,” she called, “That's more than I needed to see.”
She swooped back down towards the ground and Kafria.

Petty clambered back inside the Searcher.
“That was the best you could think of?” Eldo remarked.
“Worked didn’t it?” Petty replied.
“You Scotshbbits are so, uncouth,” Eldo remarked steering the Searcher back down to safer heights on its approach to land.
“Hey there is an art to it,” Petty protested.
“An art?” Eldo said incredulously, “To showing your behind to strangers?” He gently lowered the craft down into he Courtyard.
“Aye, there is,” Petty confirmed,”takes years to learn how to do it without giving a glimpse of balls away too.”
“Did I say uncouth?” Eldo said as the Searcher came to a rest on the ground with a heavy thumped that rocked them both, “I clearly underestimated you,” he said opening the door and getting out.

Ally casually piloted into place, parking neatly and without fuss. She emerged followed by Tin and Beren, who looked as he came out as if he should never have fitted inside in the first place. The only part of Beren that didn't appear to be a well used muscle was his brain.
Mirabella landed her Searcher close by and she and GB emerged.
“So what now?” GB asked as he approached. There were no guards left close by, a lot of places were still on fire, both from the collapsed tower and Squach.
Eldo looked over in Squach's direction. She was nudging sadly with her head against a prostrate form lying beneath a weave of netting.
“Kafria!” Eldo cried. They all hurried over. It was indeed Kafria. They scrambled to cut and free her from the netting and managed to get most of it pulled away save where it was entangled around her back legs one of whch was badly mangled and bloodied.
Kafria's breathing was coarse and laboured and slow. There was blood on her head from a nasty crack that ran in her scaling from the horn at the top of her forehead down to just above her eye, which was half closed and glazed.
“Mum,” Squach cried, nudging against Kafria's cheek with her snout, “Mum?”
Eldo hung his head sadly. Petty laid a hand on Squach's wing and she shrugged him off. “She is going to die!” Squach wailed.
The others with no words of comfort to say stood in a silent half ring around her, but Queen Tinuviel stood forward.
“We will bloody well see about that,” she said determinedly.
“But Tin,” Beren began in objecting tone, but Tinuviel cut him short, “Not a word.”
“She's a dragon,” Beren managed before Tin had spun on him again,”Those are words.” She stepped closer to him bristling. "Who is Queen and who keeps score?” She asked sharply.
Beren hung his head.
“Right,” she said turning back to Kafria and clapping her hands together, “Drgaon or not sh is one of my subjects. So, lets see about this death thing then.”
Tin laid her long slender hands on Kafria's ridged brow and cast her dark hair over her, it was as if either her hair grew or else its shadow did, for soon Kafria was entwined in a new net, but this one of soft blackness that could have been fine hair of the deep shadow under tree roots.
Eldo turned from the mesmerising sight and looked up at the Admin Tower now so close. He could feel the Lore in there, pressing on him. Pure knowledge equalled pure power. And somewhere in there was their Lore.
GB noticed Eldo's gaze, saw the direction of it, “Worried Eldo?” he asked, “this is getting quite pro-active.”
“Our Lore is in there,” Eldo said nodding in the direction of the Admin Tower.
“So we go in and we get what is rightfully ours and we leave,” GB said.
“Yes,” Eldo agreed, “That is what we will l have to do.”
What he did not say was that he could not get the Lore back, not without first challenging its current holder. Lore Master to Lore Master.
Inside that Tower looming before him he was going to have to face Taz. And all it came down to was whose Lore was greatest. The Lore Master with the most Lore always won.
He looked towards the top of the tower which glowed in the permanent night sky unnaturally. A sign the upper levels were where to look. If they got to it he would have access to their own Lore stored there for when he took on Taz. He had to hope it was enough.
For if not then this whole enterprise would end here and now in utter defeat, and there would be no more Forumshire no comeback from it. It would all come to this, and to him.
He looked at the others watching Tin as if in a dream. He could not tell them. What good would it serve? He was the Admin and Lore Master, the task was his alone. Time to step up to the plate and take your best swing. He would either defeat Taz or be defeated by him. Nothing could change that. Those were the Laws and no Lore Master could go against the Laws of Lore. Not even Taz.
The end, if it was coming, one way or another, was coming soon.

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:15 am

Dark Planet Day Challenge: Forumshire fanfic - Page 9 Icon_eek Dark Planet Day Challenge: Forumshire fanfic - Page 9 Iiik Dark Planet Day Challenge: Forumshire fanfic - Page 9 Woohoo Dark Planet Day Challenge: Forumshire fanfic - Page 9 Daane Dark Planet Day Challenge: Forumshire fanfic - Page 9 Scared0016

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:18 am

Ooo now I can see the movie Figg posted! Dark Planet Day Challenge: Forumshire fanfic - Page 9 Fnis

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:14 pm

I goota have that hidding behind the sofa one Amarie- perfect for chatting about Who! Nod
Eldo- make it available!!

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:13 pm

I'm loving the twists and turns the story is taking. I can't wait for what is sure to be an exciting conclusion. cheers

Also, I'll add the sofa emoticon. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:23 pm

The next part should indeed be the concluding part, but it mght take two to wrap it all up- not sure. I never know how long a part is going to be until I have it all written down! (And thanks for the sofa emoticon! Brilliant!)

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:37 pm

On one hand I am dying to see how this ends, and on the other hand I don't want it to end. Laughing
And to think "I" was almost in a cat fight with Pretty!

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:02 pm

Sofa
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:12 pm

hey what about mine and Amarie's other cool ones? scratch theres loads of old ones we never use.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:26 pm

alien I use this all the time
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion on Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:43 am

I didn't have time to go hunt down all the smiley suggestions earlier. Would you guys mind putting them all in a single thread (feel free to start a general smiley suggestion thread in Site Issues)? If a suggestion gets seconded I'll go ahead and add it.

Also, a lot of the less-used smileys are ones that came pre-installed on the forum, although there are only a handful that I've never seen used. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:59 am

OK sorry for the delay, and for the fact its longer than I thought it would be- but here it is the final part.

“We can't hang about here Eldo,” Petty said glancing back at Tinuviel who was still singing softly over the unmoving dragon form of Kafria, “If we are going to get our Lore and do this we should do it now. While we maybe still can.”
Eldo nodded. He went over to where the others were gathered around Kafria, Squach had stopped crying as Tinuviel's song had washed over them. Eldo felt the musics power are he drew closer. It was a song of nurturing and healing, of strength regained and hope renewed. It soared into his heart and uplifted it.
The song faded away and was replaced by a compete silence. That in turn was suddenly broken by a huge snort from Kafria as she drew in breath again. Squach leapt up squealing with relieved delight. Under the blanket of the Queen’s hair Kafria was changing, shrinking and morphing back to her human form. And as she altered so too the shadow of Tin's hair retreated until she looked again her normal self and so now was Kafria, although the latter was still unconscious.
Tin stood and Squach ran to her mother and hugged her, “She will waken soon,” Tin said laying a slender hand on Squach's shoulder, “But she needs healing yet.”
“Your Majesty,” Eldo interrupted, “We..”
“You cannot remain here,” Tinuviel said for him with a faint smile, “I know. The Lore calls to you. I have felt it too. So much Lore. I hope you know what you are doing. Beren and I will remain here with Squach, she will not leave her mother I am sure, we will stay until Kafria is fully recovered or you return. If you return. Call for me when the time comes. I will not yet say Namarie, therefore go, Lord Eldorion. Do what you have to do, and do it well.”
Eldo nodded, he could think of no words with which to respond instead he turned and gathered the others. “It is time. I am going to try to recover our Lore. I don't ask anyone to come with me....”
“Aye, aye,” Petty interrupted, “but we're going anyway so lets get our arses in gear. Less talking more head breaking.”
“What Petty means to say,” Mirabella put in, “is that you don't need to ask Eldo. We have come this far we are not leaving now.”
“You don't need to ask me,” Ally said, “break in, beat the bad guy, get our shit back, go home and have us a party. Sounds cool.”
Eldo turned to GB, “What about you?”
“Well,” GB said slowly, “I do still think if we could only get everyone round the table, with a proper agenda decided upon by the people, then we could begin to sort this out without having to resort to violence or been oppressors ourselves.”
Everyone looked at him, “But,” he went on, “I have to admit that does not seem likely to happen. And that leaves us with only one course of action left- direct civil disobedience. Lets smash the place up in the name of the poor!”
The group turned and headed for the main front doors of the Admin building.
“Why didn't Ringdrotten come with us?” Petty asked they went.
“I did,” a voice said close by is ear, he turned but there was only GB walking a half a metre away, “Did you say something?” Petty asked him.
“No,” GB replied.
“Oh,” Petty said and frowned.

Amarie glanced out of the window two storeys above as she led Pretty, Odo and Orwell through the towers levels.
“Your friends are entering the tower,” she said and frowned, “They won't be able to get out the lobby without the correct passes.”
Pretty joined her by the window, “Can we help them?”
“Maybe,” Amarie mused, but inside she was troubled. Eldo was here. Why? He would have to challenge Taz and everyone knew that was a straight fight and the most Lore won. And this was Taz's Lore Tower, filled with the stolen Lore of a thousand lands. It would not even be a fight. Taz would annihilate Eldo almost immediately. “They might be safer staying where they are,” she ventured.
“I do not think Eldo would appreciate that,” Odo put in, “he is most particular about his Lore. And quite frankly I do not really know what we are supposed to do with it when we find it. Our even what it will look like.”
“Odo's right,” Pretty said, “and I never thought I would say that. But us three, we don't know anything about Lore, well not this sort anyway. If Eldo is here we could use him. And he is quite cute, in a lives in a big tower probably has lots of money sort of way.”
Amarie nearly told them, that all that would happen would be Eldo's ending. But she could not believe Eldo had come here just to throw his life and Lore away. There must be more to it. But what? She had to speak to Taz.
“There is a control room along this corridor and through the doors at the end, we can release the lobby doors from there,” she said and led them quickly along the corridor to the double doors at the far end. As she passed through them she spoke an Admin word of Power under her breath. The doors slammed shut in the face of the others before they could pass between them. Amarie spun round as if shocked and surprised, “Damn it!” she shouted, “can you hear me? Building security, it must have detected you are unauthorised,” she lied smoothly.
“Yes, we can hear you,” came back Pretty's voice, muffled slightly through the heavy door. There was a thump and the door shuddered, Pretty was kicking it.
“That won't work,” Amarie shouted, not actually knowing if it would or not but wanting Pretty to stop in case it did work, “I'll go on to the control room. You go back downstairs and join the others in the lobby. I'll release the doors when you get there.”
“What all the way back down all those stairs?” she heard Odo grumble.
“Quit complaining, the exercise will do you good, walk some of those seed cakes off,” that was Orwell’s voice, “Kafria, Queen Tin, Mirabella are all down there. I can't wait, lets go.”
“Dear Eru!” Odo moaned, “he's going to accost the Queen. I feel faint. Jelly!”
“Odo! No one has any jelly!” Pretty said exasperated.
Amarie listened to this and shook her head. What was it with these people? They could be in the direst emergency and still find time to get distracted over nothing. It was like they did it deliberately.
“Just head back down,” she shouted through the door.
“OK, we're going,” Pretty called back, “just as soon as Odo stops shaking.”
Amarie sighed gratefully and made her way to the control room. It was a small secondary unit, on automatic monitoring. There was only one palantir screen, she spun it on its frame until it showed the lobby. She entered a string of Admin commands and it displayed further information. None of it good. There were 100 guards, placed in groups at every door and they were about to break in any moment. She cursed and set the palantir the task of locating Taz. He was near the top of the tower. In his room beneath the Chamber of Lore. She would not get to him before the guards attacked.
She looked again at the display of the lobby. She could override the orders but she would have to explain why to Taz and was not sure she could. And did she want to? She felt at sea. All her bearings lost and there was no certain star to navigate by. The way these people made her feel was both a pleasure and a source of fear. How could that be? She watched as on the screen all the doors to the lobby simultaneously were blown inwards with black powder and the guards poured in. Too late now. She flicked off the screen and turning away headed up the tower to find Taz.

The explosions were all round and echoed in the lobby creating a wall of painfully loud confusion and when the smoke cleared the lobby was full of guards in a ring around the Forumshirers.
“Oh yes!” Petty cried delighted, “Here we go!”
“Um. Could we just say something first,” a guard said nervously.
“What?” Petty replied confused, his fists itching.
The guard stepped forward, his face obscured by the black helmet.
“It's just,” the guard said, “well me and the lads,” he indicated the other 99 guards around them with a wave of his hand, some of them waved back at the group cheerily, “we've been having a head count see. Of all the guards dispatched by you lot since you arrived here.”
“And?” Petty demanded annoyed at this unnecessary delay in getting to the fighting.
“And well, we don't think there are enough of us here to win,” the guard concluded.
“What?” Petty said again stunned looking round the ring of guards, “You want us to wait till you get more men?”
“Well no, we were rather thinking we would just avoid the fight altogether this time, assume you won, and we could all just sort of, lie on the floor and moan a bit until you are gone.”
“Now, now,” Petty responded waving a finger at the guard, “Lets not be hasty here. Not fight? What at all?”
“Sounds like a good idea to me Petty,” Eldo said, “We do need to get a move on.”
“Yes but,” Petty protested, “what if we tied one hand behind our backs? Will you have a go then?”
The guard turned to the others. “What do you think lads. Show of hands?” No hands were raised “Sorry,” the guard said turning back to Petty, “seems we'd rather not take the risk.”
“I could hop on one leg too,” Petty offered desperately.
“No, if it is all right with you we'll just stick with this. Right assume the position lads!”
All the guards threw themselves on the ground in contorted poses and began making moaning pained noises.
“No this is not all right with me,” Petty roared, “I don't f*!&ing believe this.”
“Let's just go,” Eldo said leading him gently away between the strewn bodies.
They got to the main doors and exited but not before Petty turned round and with a voice filled with disappointed anger yelled “You Utter Bastards!” at the guards before GB and Eldo pulled him away. Silence fell in the lobby. Eventually a guard eased himself up and said, “Have they gone then?” Something invisible hit the guard on the head and a voice said, “Not quite, no.”

Taz had a small chamber, it was immediately below the top most floor on which all the Lore was safely stored. Amarie knocked at its door. There was silence, she knocked again and this time the door opened. She stepped inside. It was a stark room, as all rooms on the Dark Planet were. She noted again, as she had the first time she had been invited up here, that in one corner there was a small palantir. A monitoring device used on all citizens, and Taz did not make himself an exception. He even had the mandatory poster of himself hanging on one wall that was required in all private residences. On the other wall was a propaganda poster, he had once told her it was the first one he had come up with when he began his self appointed mission. The top half of it read;

Entertainment is a blight on learning. Imagination undermines reason. Fun undermines order.

And the bottom half read :

Learning makes for better workers. Reason leads to laws for all. Order is achieved.

He had went on to tell her that it was his entire philosophy in words you could chant. She did not have the heart to tell him she had tried and you could not, that they did not scan and read like the ramblings of a student activist. And she had not had the heart because somehow it had worked. There had been order. There had been peace. A community without contention. It was only now she was realising how sterile it also was.
Taz was sitting with is back to the door Amarie entered through at a desk looking at a palantir screen. It showed the lobby with is room full of pretending to be hurt guards.
“They survived then?” Amarie asked observing the screen.
“In a manner of speaking yes,” Taz said without turning round. “Remind me that tomorrow I must have four squadrons disciplined. Normally I would simply execute them but we do seem to be running low on guards at the moment. I wonder why that is,” Taz said still without turning to look at her, “Soon they will have recovered their Lore. The first to ever do so. And then they will return with it to their homeland,” he spun in his chair so he was facing her, “This had better work.”
She did not want to tell him it might not, but she could put the problem another way that would make it his problem and not hers, “Their Lore Master is here.”
“What?” Taz roared springing to his feet and looming over Amarie, “Why would he come here?”
“I don't know,” she replied steadily, “If he challenges you he will lose. How can he not?”
If he challenges me?” Taz said bringing his face close to hers so she could feel is breath on her skin, “He must challenge me. Those are the rules.”
“Then let him,” Amarie countered, “let him challenge and lose. If he is so foolish to do so then we need not bother with tracking them, or destroying their home land. You can destroy them here and now. With no Lore Master to run their land and no Lore it will die all on its own.”
“Yes,” Taz said reflectively, “I can. I can destroy them this very day!”
Amarie moved closer to him, “And it is the Law, no one could ever accuse you of anything,” she laid an hand on his arm, “And no one else would ever again dare challenge us.”
Taz took her hand in his, “Come, we will await them in the Chamber of Lore.”
'Well,' Amarie thought, 'Whatever it is Eldo is hoping to do by challenging Taz I hope it is good, no bloody spectacular, because there is little more I can do for him now.'

Eldo held up a hand. He was leading with the others clustered behind. They were on a wide staircase that spiralled up through the heart of the tower. Just ahead of Eldo it went around one of its many bends. And someone was coming down the other way.
“If you even mention the scuttle once, I will..” a voice could be heard saying.
“I know that voice,” Petty growled, “Odo Banks,” he managed to make a mere name sound like a curse.
“You will what?” another male voice said.
“I don't know that one however,” Petty said.
“I will..,” Odo's voice floundered, “well it will be worse than a sternly worded letter to the Bugle, you can be certain of that.”
“I am going to bash both your heads of the wall in a minute of you don't just shut up!” a third female voice said.
“Bugger, she's alive then,” Petty commented mournfully.
Eldo took a few paces back from the corner, not wanting to surprise Pretty, whom he suspected did not take well to surprises in enemy towers. She rounded the corner and saw them, “about bloody time,” she said.
“Nice to see you too sis,” Petty said.
“Oh no, you as well?” Pretty replied with a grimace, “nice T-shirt.”
“The backs better,” Petty replied.
“Good to see you well Odo,” Eldo said shaking Odo by the hand.
“Well?” Odo blinked at him, “I am not well. I have been chased, attacked, captured, deprived of jelly, and subjected to the ramblings of this fool we picked up,” he indicated Orwell, “his name is Orwell, he was in prison with us.”
Orwell shimmied over towards Mirabella, seeming to materialise at her elbow, “You must be Sheriff Mirabella,” he said.
“How did you know?” Mirabella asked.
“Because you are just how I imagined you, hair like a golden dawn, eyes sparkling like the dust caught in a sunbeam through a hayloft window on a summers morn.”
“Oh, I like this one,” Mirabella cooed.
“Oh dear Eru!” Odo lamented in the background.
Pretty snorted and pulled Orwell aside, “Believe me, he is all talk and no sporran,” she said.
“Hey!” Orwell protested, “I resent that.”
Pretty turned to him, she put one hand on her hip suggestively and lowered her head so she was peering at him from beneath her fringe, “Tell you what Orwell, “ she purred, “Why don't you and I leave this lot to finish the job and we can slip off somewhere quiet,” she slinked towards him and put her fingertips to his trembling lips, “Just the two of us, and maybe a whip or two. Somewhere I can ride you like a bucking bronco until your toes curl and your hair catches fire.”
Orwell looked aghast, he backed away a step then tried to compose himself, “Well, obviously I would be delighted to. Would buck all night in fact, but not really fair on every one, you know, to go off right now,” he backed further away, “Wouldn't like to leave everyone to manage on their own. But otherwise, if there wasn’t an emergency on, you bet. All night. All day too probably,” he backed further away, “you would have thought you'd got the whole rodeo thrown in. Oh yes, mark my words. I'll show you, next time.”
“See?” Pretty said turning to Mirabella, “I told you.”
“I like a girl who can see through the bull,” Mirabella said tilting her head a little and regarding Pretty.
“And I like a girl whose strong but not necessarily all that bright,” Pretty replied and Mirabella frowned, “and he was right about the hair. Its fabulous,” Pretty gushed and Mirabella's frown disappeared and turned to a delighted smile. “You must come round to mine for dinner one evening and show me how to do it like that,” Pretty added.
“Ooh I'd love to,” Mirabella beamed.
“Oh dear Eru!” Odo cried again, “Can we just get out of here now?”
“What happened to Amarie?” Eldo asked noticing her absence.
“We got separated. It was most unfortunate,” Odo explained.
“Like hell it was,” Pretty said pulling her gaze away from Mirabella, “There was nothing unfortunate about it. She ditched us, and not for the first time,” she pointed at Odo, “He hasn't stopped complaining long enough to notice,” she indicated Orwell, “and he hasn't stopped drooling long enough to see it. But she's been playing us from the word go.”
“How do you know?” GB asked, “you can't try her without evidence.”
“Because I can play too and you can't kid a kidder. And do you know what else? I don't think she knows whose side she is on.”
“What do you mean?” Eldo asked.
“I mean I think if she did know then either she would be a hell of a lot more use than she is right now, or one hell of an opponent. The fact she is neither tells me she hasn't decided yet.”
“So what should we do about her?” Eldo asked.
“Nothing,” Pretty replied simply, “if she picks a side, I'm sure we will know.”

They continued on up the Tower, floor after floor of winding stairs. And the higher they got the more Eldo felt the Lore above pressing down upon him. It was trying to enter into his head, dates flicked through him as if they were astral projections swarming in the very air around him
1640 of the First Age. King Tarondor removes the Kings House to Minas Arnor. He plants a seedling of the White Tree.
A tree, white, and beautiful leapt up in the air before him and he reached out to touch it.
GB looked at him curiously.
Now ahead Eldo could see a man approaching, golden haired, broad shouldered with a generous face that bore a warm smile taking the stairs three at a time.
Byratta called Leola by his people, for he was loved by all.
“Byratta” Eldo said as the phantom figure wafted though him.
“Pardon?” GB said and looked concerned at Eldo whose eyes were glowing gold, “Um, I think something is wrong with Eldo.”
Suddenly Eldo convulsed. He fell to the floor and his whole body began to glow.
“What's going on?” Odo demanded to know.
Eldo sat bolt upright then slowly raised himself up, he was still glowing but now it was more controlled although his eyes still blazed with gold.
“So much Lore,” he said slowly, “There is so much stolen Lore here. It nearly overwhelmed me. Now it fills me.”
“Um,” Petty said cautiously, “has anyone else noticed his feet don’t appear to be touching the ground any more and his voice has gone all boomy?”
“Now that is cool,” Ally commented peering over her shades to get a better look.
“So this is how you take on Taz is it, with all this Lore stuff?” Pretty asked.
“No,” Eldo replied, “When the battle begins all this Lore will return to Taz. It is his. I will only have our Lore to stand against it. But I have a plan.”
“Will it work?” Pretty asked.
“No,” Eldo replied, “I can see now it will not. I had underestimated the volume of Lore Taz will have access to. There are thousands of lands Lore stored here. He will crush me with it and then absorb our Lore.”
“Eh, excuse me,” Petty interrupted raising a hand, “Then why are we here?”
“Because there can now be no turning back.”
“That's not so cool Eldo,” Ally said shaking her head.
“So we are going to watch you lose then are we?” Petty went on, “just to be absolutely clear about this.”
“Yes. I will lose. I must lose.”
“Ah right then.”
“And we must go now,” Eldo said, “Taz awaits us in the Chamber of Lore.”
“More stairs,” Odo grumbled.
“No. I have the Lore. Full Access,” Eldo replied, “And we are there.”
They looked about themselves. They were in a huge circular chamber with a wood floor polished to within a reflective inch of its life. The roof, at a great height above tapered away into the point of the top of the Tower. But in-between them and the top hanging suspended in the air above them were several huge cylinders of polished silver, and their middle sections were glass and writhing within in them was stored Lore, pure and trapped. It swirled in a mist of rainbow colours, sparkling against the interior of the glass, straining to be free.
A balcony ran around the room and it was on this balcony that they now found themselves. But without Eldo, he was below on the polished floor, hovering a half metre above the ground. Traces of iridescence spiralled down from the Lore above and danced about him.
Amarie was also on the balcony.
“So he came then,” she said simply, “I had hoped he wouldn't. But I assume he as a plan.”
“Oh yes,” Petty said, “he definitely has a plan. It's just it won't work.”
Below them a door opened opposite Eldo in the curving far wall and Taz entered. He loomed ever larger as he approached and stopped some four metres or so from the hovering Eldo.
“You challenge me?” Taz questioned and his voice echoed around the chamber.
“I do,” Eldo replied steadily.
“Then I will take what is mine,” Taz sneered and raised a hand in the air.
Immediately the golden glow streaked from Eldo to Taz and Eldo fell the floor. There was still a faint shimmer, a misty golden halo about him, the Lore of Forumshire - his only protection.
Taz rose up into the air, filled with Lore. Above him the great Lore receptacles opened and emptied as more and more power flowed roaring into Taz.
“What happens now?” Petty asked Amarie over the noise.
“When Taz has absorbed all the stored Lore he will use it to blast Eldo's Lore away. This will be over in less than a minute.”
“Then what?”
“Then Taz will absorb the last piece of Lore, yours from Eldo's body.”
“Wait a minute,” GB put in, “Taz already had our Lore. Hasn't he absorbed it already?”
“No, I doubt it. I don't know what he does with Lore in his private time but this is just storage. He just gatherers it here. There is so much of it now.”
“So how do we help Eldo then?” Mirabella asked.
“We can't,” Amarie replied simply, “he can't win and we can't stop it.”
“Bummer,” Ally put in peering down.

Taz breathed in deeply, Golden eyes gleamed in his head. Lore throbbed and coursed through every vein. He hovered closer to Eldo who looked small and frail before him.
“Begin,” Eldo shouted defiantly, “come on. Begin it.”
Taz laughed. This would be easy. He pointed a finger towards Eldo and a streak of gold flowed from him and struck. It hit the golden haze, the protective shield of Lore around Eldo and shimmered over it.
Eldo concentrated. The Lore was a constant pressure on him, images, questions, theories, all poured down on him. The knack was to find the answers, seek the counterargument in the Lore of Forumshire. Every time he did that part of the pressure was dissipated. But there was so much incoming Lore from Taz, Forumshire was so small in comparison, oh its members knew their Tolkien but there was not enough of it to answer all Taz's Lore. Inevitably more questions were asked than there were answers to, more arguments presented than could be defended. And when that happened a piece of his Lore faded and he was weakened.
He fell to one knee. Taz laughed again and raised his other hand and a second stream of golden light joined the first.
Eldo gasped and collapsed onto all fours. So many questions, pressing down on him. The weight of Lore becoming unbearable. So many images, voices in his head demanding answers. He fell onto his stomach, the golden glow of Forumshire's Lore around him was almost gone.
“I am not just going to stand here and watch this,” Pretty growled and put a hand on the balcony preparing to vault over. Amarie put a restraining hand on his shoulder, “You can't Petty, “ she warned, “Taz would blow you away before you got to the ground. Eldo has only survived this long because he has Lore. You don't have anything but violent insanity and a habit of showing your arse to strangers.”
“Its always done the job before,” Petty protested.
“It is to late now anyway,” Amarie said sadly.

Eldo could barely breath. The torrent of Lore was suffocating him. Thought was receding. Eventually the agony gave way to blackness with the words, 'not all those who wander are lost' in his mind.
Taz stood triumphant over Eldo's body. He looked up to the balcony and cried out, “Now I take what is yours and make it mine.”
He picked Eldo up in one hand and with the other he drew from him the golden Lore of Forumshire.
“It is finished,” Taz intoned dropping Eldo who crumbled to the floor, “This is the end, but not the end of my kilt.”
“What did he say?” Pretty asked up on the balcony.
“He said it wasn't the end of his kilt,” Petty replied.
“That's what I thought he said,” Pretty said with a frown.
“I meant to say,” Taz went on with a worried look on his face, “I don't fancy the duckie in the Muck and Duck much.”
“Me neither,” shouted back Petty, “ but the buckies not bad. What is happening?” he said turning to Amarie.
Amarie was staring at Taz over whose face a series of increasingly panicky looks were occurring, “I don't know,” she said.
“Oh Nose so white shining bright,
Oh Tinuviel! Oh pulsing light!
My heartstrings tight in lonely night,
I’m so bumbly! You’re Jumbly-like!
I think to love you! (Is that all right?)”

said Taz and immediately clamped his hand over his mouth horrified. He uncovered his mouth and cried, “What is happening?” he put his hands to his head as if suddenly pained and screaming fell to the floor, “This is not Lore!” he cried, “It's, it is just nonsense! 'Nora wondered if she Orwell and Turembar were the only people strangely transformed into animals'” he screamed again horrified, “what does any of this mean?” he wailed, “how can there be a pseudo-Kafria?” he howled. The Lore was streaking from him now, fleeing the confusion in Taz and seeking a return to their receptacles in the roof above.
On the floor before Taz lay Eldo, where he had fallen. One eye flickered open '..from the ashes a fire shall awaken,' he thought, and with a wisp of breath he sighed , “O Elbereth Gilthoniel!”
Immediately there was a loud rumbling. The roof overhead was crumbling away, falling outwards in a shower of tiles and stone and amidst the wrack and the far crashes as the bricks struck the distant ground there was a voice, singing. The beautiful voice of Queen Tinuviel.
On the balcony the group hung on as the walls shook and then they saw, rising up against the black sky now visible above them Queen Tinuviel herself with Beren riding on the back of a rejuvenated Kafria and Squach flew beside them looping the loop.
Kafria swept down and with a flick of her tail she struck one of the receptacles and it shattered into pieces showering the floor beneath. She did the same to the others aided and abetted by Squach, swooping among them in a maelstrom of destruction while all the others could do was cower for protection on the balcony.
The Lore, pouring out from the bewildered Taz had nowhere to go. It went to the best Tolkien Lore Master in the room instead. It went to Eldo.
Eldo rose up all powerful. His eyes were a fire of golden light and shone like beacons. He swept over to the recumbent Taz and said, “Now I will take back what is ours.” And he reached out a hand to Taz and drew from him the Lore of Forumshire.
Taz gasped but his eyes blazed defiance, he pressed a button on his belt and the doors through which he had entered opened. Several more doors opened along the length of the balcony and black armoured guards were pouring through.
Mirabella moved closer to Pretty and GB, Orwell and Odo moved behind them both and Ally leapt up onto the balcony ledge. Petty was looking around eagerly like a child in a sweet shop.
“I don't think this lot are just going to lie down,” GB said as the guards swarmed towards them.
“They bloody well better not,” Petty replied with a grin and charged.

“Well finish it,” Taz hissed up at Eldo.
Eldo raised a hand and golden light spilled from it, it struck the guards running towards him and they vanished in a black mist. Banned for life. He looked down on Taz, “This Lore is unknown to you,” he said, “so why?”
“I don't know what you mean,” Taz protested, “unknown?”
“You know exactly what I mean,” Eldo replied, “The Lore knows. That is why it came to me. Tell me why?”
“No,” Taz hissed back, “I still have the Lore of the Dark Planet. You have not taken that away from me. It is mine.”
“Yes. It is,” Eldo confirmed, “and its lifeless and without joy. Again I ask you. Why?”
“You will never know,” Taz replied and raised his hand, the last of his Lore shot from it, it struck a piece of broken hanging receptacle ten metres above Eldo's head and knocked it free. It plummeted downwards, Eldo tried to glide aside but it caught him on the shoulder and sent him spiralling against the wall and to the floor. Taz rose up and made a run for it.

Up on the balcony things had become a press. Pretty and Mirabella were back to back, spinning round in a violent example of pro-action feminism at work. There was a growing pile of bodies around them so that he newest ones tended to topple over the edge and fall of the balcony.
Ally was kicking and throwing from the very edge of the balcony, using all her Welsh rugby skills to feign directions so that Guards that made the mistake of leaping for her son found themselves in empty air a considerable height above the floor. Though they did not stay a considerable height above for very long.
Petty had deliberately backed himself into a corner. He found doing so seemed to give the guards some confidence they could gang up on him. Which let Petty hurt more of them at once in ever more inventive ways. His main concern was there might be a shortage of guards.
GB had managed to shield himself behind the women with Odo and Orwell and were trying to save some face by offering sagely words of advice such as “I think you would fight better if the two of you were closer together, a lot closer, pressed quite tightly” from Orwell, “Kimberely rules ladies, if you must fight at least do it respectably,” from Odo and GB seemed unable to help himself from calling out “sorry,” in an apologetic voice every time a guard got clobbered, heeled or raked. Which was often.
Amarie saw Taz rise and run. Decision time perhaps. She had avoided the fighting, her status meant the guards would not attack her. She walked among them, they squeezed together to let her through the press and to the balcony edge. Taz was going to get away. He would probably start all this again she considered. He was not the forgiving type. He would hunt down these Forumshirers, every last one in revenge.
So, time to choose.
She inhaled deeply then raised her hands, palms together and then drew them apart, the dark strands of dark planet magic drew out between them.
Eldo staggered back up, he rose from the floor, the Lore resurgent in him again but Taz was almost at the doors. He was going to get away. But just then a figure appeared, seemingly as if magic. One moment Taz was approaching the exit doors the next a figure stepped out from the wall it seemed and whacked a no doubt surprised Taz over the head. Taz stumbled forward, spun almost 360 degrees and collapsed in a heap to the floor.
Eldo glided over. Taz was lying there but he was seemingly alone. Eldo looked around puzzled, “Hello?” he said.
Ringdrotten stepped out from, well Eldo could not tell where. One minute there had been him Taz, wall and a door, the next Ringdrotten was there too as if he stepped through an invisible portal from somewhere else. He was wearing an army uniform, at least in design it looked like one but it was covered in a layer of tiny hairs which shimmered.
“Where did you come from?” Eldo asked amazed.
“Right here,” Ringdrotten grinned back at him, “Fjordian camouflage. We learn it from the trolls.”
“Trolls have camouflage?” Eldo asked surprised.
“Of course,” Ringdrotten replied, “best there is. How else do you think no one notices 50 metres plus of solid stone trolls wandering about the countryside.”
“How does it work?” Eldo asked all the golden Lore him drawn to asking questions.
“If I told you I would have to kill you,” Ringdrotten replied smiling, “Fjordian State secret.”
“I think I can not know just fine then,” Eldo said, “But now I want a word with Taz here. There are some questions I want answers to”.
“Shouldn't we help the others?” Ringdrotten reminded him, indicating the ongoing skirmishes on the crowded balcony.
Eldo waved a hand and banished the guards in clouds of dark mist.
“Hey! Come back!” Petty cried in disappointment, “Would you please stop doing that!”

Amarie lowered her hands. She had done nothing. There had not been time before Ringdrotten had acted. But it was enough. She would have done it. She had made the decision. She liked these people, she would not see them destroyed. She had no wish either to see Taz or the Dark Planet destroyed either. But now she knew at least in her own heart that if it had to be that way, she could live it with.
She joined the others, Odo was reminding everyone in a loud of voice, “I hope you appreciate what I did for you all there, watching your backs during the fight so you weren't blind sided. Someone should write it up, heroic it was, and without any jelly too I might add”.
Kafria and Squach swooped down through the shattered roof and landed on the floor beneath them. Amaria led the others along the balcony to where there was a narrow stairwell leading down. By the time they emerged at the bottom Tin and Beren had dismounted and Kafria and Squach returned to human form.
All together they went over to Eldo and Ringdrotten standing over Taz.
“So what now?” Petty asked as they approached.
“We can go any time,” Eldo said turning to them, “I can release this Lore back where it came from and take ours back to Forumshire.”
“So what are we waiting on?” Petty asked.
“He knows nothing,” Eldo said pointing to Taz.
“Meaning?” GB asked.
“When the Lore was set free it came to me because I know more than Taz,” Eldo explained.
“But I thought,” Odo put in, “that he had more Lore than you?”
“Yes he had more, but knew less. A lot less,” Eldo said, “All Lore Masters have a base level of knowledge, we add to that with Lore, with references, with arguments. That's why we need Towers to keep it in. No Lore Master can keep it all in his head for any length of time. But Taz... Petty ask him a Tolkien question. Something simple.”
Petty knelt down by Taz who was conscious but a little dazed, “What was the name of the only survivor to make it back to Rivendell from the disaster at the gladden fields?”
Taz looked at him blankly.
“Simpler?” Eldo said.
“OK,” Petty sighed, “What was the name of Gandalf's horse?”
“Simpler?” Eldo repeated.
“What was the name of Frodo's gardener?” Petty asked.
Taz looked to the floor but did not respond. Petty backed away.
“Dear Eru,” Odo muttered, “he's a heathen.”
“What's going on Eldo?” Petty demanded slightly afraid. There was cold chill going down his spine.
“I am not sure yet, but I have a good idea,” Eldo said and turned to Amarie, “where are his chambers?”
“Beneath this room,” Amarie replied, “but there is nothing in them.”
“Take me there,” Eldo insisted.

Eldo paced the room several times. Eventually he went over to the monitoring palantir in the corner and ripped it from the wall, he handed it to Amarie, “Its a fake. He was hiding something in here. He was doing something he did not want the Council to see.”
Eldo put his glowing hands against a part of the rear wall and it suddenly slid back and aside, beyond was a second room. It was dark. Eldo glided into it and the glow allowed the others to catch glimpses, picked out in golden light of posters on walls, books on shelves, magazine clippings, newspaper clippings, novelty mugs, lunch boxes, cups in all shapes and sizes, scarves, hats. And everything bore a similar image.
Petty flicked on the light switch and gasped. This was not just a room it was a shrine.
“Eru forgive him,” Odo said piously.
“This is, this is sick,” Petty said horrified.
“I had no idea,” Amarie said taking in the room and that every inch of it was dedicated to Harry Potter.
Eldo went to Taz who Pretty and Mirabella were holding in custody between them at the door.
“Why?” Eldo demanded,” Why not set up a place for Harry Potter? Why take all the Tolkien Lore?”
Taz raised his head, “Because I was sick of it,” he spat, “Tolkien is better than Rowling. She stole all her ideas from other writers,” he pointed at Petty, “people like him.”
“Well in all fairness she does steal all her ideas and Tolkien is better” Petty pointed out.
“See what I mean,” Taz responded with a shrug, “So I made this place. I gathered up all the Tolkien Lore I could find. I am not storing it. I am removing it from circulation until eventually there are only Harry Potter sites left. And they will all be saying the same thing-Harry Potter is best!”
“No!” Amarie said stepping forward, “this is gone far enough. The Council will not support you. We love Tolkien, that is why we are here. When they hear of this, it will be over. No more raids. No more stealing Lore. We were wrong. You were wrong Taz and I to follow you.”
“Well said,” Orwell shouted from the back.
“So can we go home now?” Odo asked weakly, “I am badly in need of some jelly based attention.”

Half an hour later they were gathered in the Dark Planet entrance Lobby awaiting Eldo. Brad was cowering behind his desk and had been since they returned, at least he had stopped smiling.
The doors opened and Eldo and Amarie entered.
“You sort everything out?” Petty asked Eldo.
Eldo held up a tied rolled parchment, “We have signed a treaty. The Dark Planet will leave us alone if in return we leave them alone. And Amarie will be returning with us,” he announced.
“You are giving up the Dark Planet?” GB asked her.
“No, I am still a Council member,” Amarie said, “But I am now also the Official Dark Planet Ambassador to Forumshire, and Lord Eldorion has kindly offered me a smial in Forumshire as my residence.”
“Oh yes,” GB said his voice betraying a militant rant in the brewing, “and who is going to pay for this smial. Us! The tax payers that is who? We should be building affordable holes for the poor not smials for Ambassadors,” he objected, “Whose with me?”
“Can we please just go now?” Odo pleaded taking off his glasses and rubbing them furiously.
“Yes,” Eldo replied, “I rather think we should.”
“Oh!” Amarie said suddenly remembering something, she went over to Petty and before he was sure what she was doing she grabbed at the front of his kilt and rummaged about and produced a tiny palantir device.
“Hey!” Petty said, “what's that thing?”
“Sorry Petty,” Amarie said holding it up, “Its a tracking device. I planted it on you not long after we first met.”
“Dare I ask where it was hidden,” Eldo said slowly.
“In the one place no one including Petty would ever look,” she replied with a sweet smile, “in his sporran.”
“Hey!” Petty said outraged, “that is a racial stereotype on Scotshobbits being tight.”
“Yes, except you are tight brother dear,” Pretty said with a grin.
“But that's not the point, “Petty protested weakly, “oh lets go home.”

Two hours later Forumshire Park was ablaze with the fires of a Forumshire party. Tinuviel was dancing in the firelight, flowers springing up at her feet. Even Odo seemed to be enjoying himself, once he had had his jelly seen to of course.
Eventually, as the embers burned low and the last of the wood crackled and snapped and fell into the glowing pile Petty staggered to his feet and meandered drunkenly home.
He weaved unsteadily up the hill to his barrel under the spreading oak tree and surveyed the village of Needlehole below him, still under construction but here and there lights twinkled in the windows of homes already occupied. It had been nice to get out, meet new people and attack them vicously, but there was no place like home. He crawled head first in the front door, muttered, “Well, I'm back,” and passed out on the floor.

Epilogue

Six months later.
There was a faint mist around the Forumshire docks as Eldo, Odo and Petty boarded the ship.
“So where are we going Eldo?” Petty asked, “its very early, and this is my buckie drinking day.”
“Every day is your buckie drinking day,” Odo pointed out with a shaking disapproval of his head.
“Yes, and I don't want to miss one,” Petty replied.
“I want to show you both something,” Eldo said mysteriously.
When they disembarked Petty immediately sensed something familiar. It was hard to be sure what though. Certainly form the rugged countryside around them the shapes were not known to him, there were no landmarks he recognised. Yet it felt like he had been here before. Odo seemed to sense it too.
“Where are we?” Petty asked. But instead of answering Eldo led them along a cobbled road and over the brow of a small hill. There was a town down there, with a rambling brick wall surrounding it. The place looked a little ramshackle, like it had been thrown together but there were people bustling about its streets.
Eldo led them down into it. There was a market square with stalls around the edges. At the nearest one an attractive hobbit lass with a mane of wonderful ginger hair called out, “Eels wrangled?”
Petty turned to her. Several cats were patrolling around her feet, on a cushion on a stool behind her an immense ginger cat snored. The woman saw Petty staring at the cat, “That's my pussy your staring at,” the woman said sternly, “Her name is Ginger Meggs and I'm Mrs Figg,” the stall holder said, “You needing your eel wrangled? Do a special rate for gentleman and tuppence of if you bring your own oil.”
“Um, no not right now,” Petty stuttered and turned away his face reddening, “Eldo where the hell are we?” he hissed.
“They call it Bree,” Eldo explained, “but it was built on the ruins of our old land. This is it. This was home before the Dark Planet came and ruined it.”
Petty and Odo looked about amazed. It seemed impossible to believe a new community, more a seemingly free community, could have sprung up here again.
“But I thought this still belonged to the Dark Planet?” Petty said.
“It does,” Eldo confirmed, “this is Taz's new style. The Dark Planet still has rules a plenty, but here, they are free.”
“Why its marvellous!” Odo enthused, “and if you will just excuse me I am going to speak to this lovely young lady about her eel wrangling rates.”
Petty looked about him, his face stern
“What's the matter Petty?” Eldo asked, “I thought you would be pleased.”
“I am,” Petty replied, “It's just. I have a feeling in my water, deep down in the buckie that one day Taz will start all over again. And when he does, this place will be the first to go.”
“Well if that happens they will just have to take their chances, same as we did,” Eldo replied.
“Maybe,” Petty said, “But what if we had a sort of outreach program. Brought them to Forumshire to see how it can be?”
“And who would run this program,” Eldo asked fearing further demands on the budget and less for his luxury beach condo.
“I will,” Petty replied firmly.
Eldo nearly burst out laughing. “You?” he finally managed.
“I can be friendly,” Petty said offended, “You'll see.”
“Yes, I am sure we will see,” Eldo replied.

The End.

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion on Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:48 am

That was absolutely fantastic, Petty! Very Happy I loved every bit of it {{{except the unnecessary HP jabs Mad}}}. I miss looking forward to more, but the ending was great enough to make up for that. Also, I might be reading too much into it, but the Bree epilogue seems to tie into the conflict from the second Needlehole Mystery. Nod

Thank you for writing and sharing such a great story, Petty! cheers This has really inspired me to keep writing when I stall and also to try to keep improving so I don't get totally left behind. Razz This was a real treat!
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:34 am

“Oh Nose so white shining bright,
Oh Tinuviel! Oh pulsing light!
My heartstrings tight in lonely night,
I’m so bumbly! You’re Jumbly-like!
I think to love you! (Is that all right?)”

I must ask Wisey, but that sounds positively plagiaristic! Suspect

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:40 am

Imagine if this was all put together on one thread. I could then visit it and read it unencumbered by all the silly Forumshiran comments? Well, done Petty. It was a jumbly read - one of the jumbliest. Very Happy

I've still got catching up on Haddon Hall and Needlehole tho... In a couple of weeks I've got a few days off. Maybe then! Shrugging (This place is getting so busy it's hard to keep up! Sad )

From "The True Tale of the Un-magical Coal Scuttle."
Orwell
Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:52 am

Cheerleader

Hope you will write more stories, Petty! This was awesome! Very Happy

(And for the record, PT has defended HP from a bookburner! I kid you not! Shocked )

But first, let's have a moment silence for all the guards who perished during these dark days.... Sad

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:28 am

Orwell wrote:Imagine if this was all put together on one thread. I could then visit it and read it unencumbered by all the silly Forumshiran comments?

That's what the table of contents in the first post is for. Just follow the link for each chapter and you can skip all the in-between stuff. Wink

I've still got catching up on Haddon Hall and Needlehole tho... In a couple of weeks I've got a few days off. Maybe then!

cheers
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:30 am

Thanks everyone- this was fun to write.
lol! Amaria- that clip always reminds me of a comic, The Invisibles where in one issue the heroes invade an enemy base. Several issuses later and out the blue there is an entire comic thats a flashback about a kid, for no apparent reason and with no connection to the main story. It's not until you get to the end of the issue you find out his Dad works at the base and is about to be killed by the heroes.
I have always felt sorry for the evil henchmans guards ever since.
And Odo it cannot be plagarism if its a quote. I am sure Wisey would be flattered to know some of his Channeling was instrumental in bringing about the safe reurn of all to Forumshire. Even Orwell.

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next