Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08 - Page 17 Empty Re: Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08

Post by azriel on Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:09 am

It means something to me. Its a big chunk of my life being here. Ive changed my personality & outlook from watching, reading & joining in on here. In some ways woke me up to be a better person, Ive also had a much needed kick up the arse too. Im a bit of a shrinker when it comes to crowds, I find it much more comfortable to be either alone or just one, maybe two, people to get in with. The guys here Ive got to love & know, ( I hope ? I think ? ) Ive had so many laughs here !! learnt things, seen things Id miss otherwise. Bloody loved it !

Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08 - Page 17 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08 - Page 17 15403410
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08 - Page 17 Empty Re: Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08

Post by Amarië on Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:48 am

Ten years already?!
It was nice to go back and look at Forumshire's first five years, it's good to have these posts I think.

I find it so funny when people now are complaining about others posting in the wrong thread and such. There's certainly been a change.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08 - Page 17 Lolcat-petting2
Today the Shire, DarkPlanet cat. Tomorrow... THE WORLD!

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle on Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:27 pm

Are you implying we have grown up affraid

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel on Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:40 pm

Gawd, I hope not ! sunny

Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08 - Page 17 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08 - Page 17 15403410
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldy on Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:18 am

azriel wrote:It means something to me. Its a big chunk of my life being here. Ive changed my personality & outlook from watching, reading & joining in on here. In some ways woke me up to be a better person, Ive also had a much needed kick up the arse too. Im a bit of a shrinker when it comes to crowds, I find it much more comfortable to be either alone or just one, maybe two, people to get in with. The guys here Ive got to love & know, ( I hope ? I think ? ) Ive had so many laughs here !! learnt things, seen things Id miss otherwise. Bloody loved it !

Thanks for sharing this, az, it's always really nice to hear how Forumshire has made a difference for other people too. I love you I'm definitely less inhibited online and around people I know, so with the site representing both it's easier to start going on here than it is elsewhere (not that I'm never verbose on other forums or IRL). It's hard to put into words everything that this place means to me but I'm trying my best to do so with the forthcoming big post. Razz

Amarië wrote:Ten years already?!
It was nice to go back and look at Forumshire's first five years, it's good to have these posts I think.

I find it so funny when people now are complaining about others posting in the wrong thread and such. There's certainly been a change.

Thanks, Am. Smile I do a lot of this writing for my own benefit but it means a lot to know other people read and enjoy it as well.

(This is shaping up to be really long, though--possibly more than The First Five Years' 6800 words. We'll see how much I can edit it down so it flows decently, but I'd rather err on the side of thoroughness since I'm unlikely to be motivated enough to attempt anything this big again in the foreseeable future.)

Bluebottle wrote:Are you implying we have grown up affraid

While I take your meaning Pokey Tongue I did, in one sense at least, do a lot of growing up on Tolkien forums, including this one. Though (probably for the best), my earliest days are not preserved on the new forum. Laughing
Eldy
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle on Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:05 pm

Well, as Tom Baker famously said, there's no point in being grown up if you can't act a little childish sometimes. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië on Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:32 pm

Goodness, no, I wouldn't go that far. Just evolving as children do; calming down, getting distracted by new friends, finding new games. {{{Eventually proving certain members from foreign planets right.}}} That sort of thing. Wink

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

Scheduled maintenance today 12/20/08 - Page 17 Lolcat-petting2
Today the Shire, DarkPlanet cat. Tomorrow... THE WORLD!

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle on Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:25 am

Amarië wrote:

Goodness, no, I wouldn't go that far. Just evolving as children do; calming down, getting distracted by new friends, finding new games. {{{Eventually proving certain members from foreign planets right.}}} That sort of thing. Wink

Ah, you are asking us to go on an adventure? I've heard of these sort of things, highly unrespectable. Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17