star trek thread

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Mrs Figg on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:48 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I slag off a charcater I dont like- I never, ever slagged off Billie Piper as a person, for her appearence or anything else relating to the actress- I dont like that no, I think its unfair and even for me, would be petty.

You are free to dislike the character of Amy as much as you please- but yeah I do find it offensive when you make personnal comments about the actress just because you didnt like a character she played in a show. And I wouldnt like it any more if it was anyone else either.

(This is exactly what I was talking about in fact of having to experience at work among women- women slagging off other women for reasons I cannot fathom nor discern, or see the purpose in)

If you get personally insulted by my not liking a made up character off a tv show quite frankly thats your problem, as to gillan I have no opinion of her as she doesnt interest me or figure in my thoughts so my comments are all about Amy Pond. I have never commented on gillan as a person and I defy you to show me any comments I have made about her as a person, you are lying if you say I have ever done so. and its fairly creepy getting so touchy about an actress you have never met. and as to the tired and laughable digs about bitchy women, I suggest you dry up.

_________________
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Posts : 23073
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 89
Location : Holding The Door

Back to top Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:54 am

Took 2 minutes to find a quote-

"if Amy wasnt very pretty I doubt anyone would like her at all..If she was plain to look at you wouldnt get so steamed up about her.
There are plenty of pretty actresses who get more attention than they deserve because they are good to look at, and my personal opinion is that she is just another one of those characterless dolly birds. The fact that they chose her is less about her talent and more about
appealing to the teenage male demographic. My problem has all to do with the fact that she can just stand around with a short skirt on and doesnt have to do much else."

Would you like me to keep looking Im only in the 1st Who thread out of what, 6?

_________________
Pure Publications, The Tower of Lore and the Former Admin's Office are Reasonably Proud to Present-



A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.


- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view



*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Posts : 42066
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 47
Location : Scotshobbitland

Back to top Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Rigby on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:59 am

Rigby
Rigby
Clue-finder

Posts : 101
Join date : 2013-03-01

Back to top Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Mrs Figg on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:12 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Took 2 minutes to find a quote-

"if Amy wasnt very pretty I doubt anyone would like her at all..If she was plain to look at you wouldnt get so steamed up about her.
There are plenty of pretty actresses who get more attention than they deserve because they are good to look at, and my personal opinion is that she is just another one of those characterless dolly birds. The fact that they chose her is less about her talent and more about
appealing to the teenage male demographic. My problem has all to do with the fact that she can just stand around with a short skirt on and doesnt have to do much else."

Would you like me to keep looking Im only in the 1st Who thread out of what, 6?

oh my you really ARE desperate to score points arent you? does it make you feel better?
these are nothing to do with her as a person, these are legitimate comments anyone could make about casting. I dont make comments about her as a person because I know nothing about her as a person.

_________________
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Posts : 23073
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 89
Location : Holding The Door

Back to top Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:15 am

You call her a dolly bird Mrs Figg and said she was picked for her looks not talent- and that in a sentence in which you refer to the 'actress' not the character.

And no I dont need to score the points- but if you are going to publicly call me a liar you better be damn sure I am lying first.

_________________
Pure Publications, The Tower of Lore and the Former Admin's Office are Reasonably Proud to Present-



A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.


- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view



*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Posts : 42066
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 47
Location : Scotshobbitland

Back to top Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Mrs Figg on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:22 am

I fail to see what that has to do with her as a person. I have made similar comments about other actresses ie Evangeline Lily but you havent got on your high horse over her have you? I made a fairly obviously jokey comment about her new film and immediately you got personal and huffy, bitchy even.

_________________
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Posts : 23073
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 89
Location : Holding The Door

Back to top Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:28 am

Because you have consitently across time made such digs based not on character or performance but soley on her looks (there are plenty moe quotes).
Like I said, dislike Amy all you like, thats your perogative but to bad mouth the physical appearence of the actress seems out of order to me, always has.
I dont like that sort of thing in any walk of life- whether I personally know the person or not. I find it unpleasant and unnecessary and will always object to it.
It would be like me saying Ian Mckellan cant act because I dont like some of the choices he made playing Gandalf- and I dont like all the dialogue Pj gave him, then accusing him of only getting the job because he looks a bit old. It wouldnt be fair, or accurate.

_________________
Pure Publications, The Tower of Lore and the Former Admin's Office are Reasonably Proud to Present-



A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.


- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view



*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Posts : 42066
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 47
Location : Scotshobbitland

Back to top Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Mrs Figg on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:32 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Because you have consitently across time made such digs based not on character or performance but soley on her looks (there are plenty moe quotes).
Like I said, dislike Amy all you like, thats your perogative but to bad mouth the physical appearence of the actress seems out of order to me, always has.
I dont like that sort of thing in any walk of life- whether I personally know the person or not. I find it unpleasant and unnecessary and will always object to it.
It would be like me saying Ian Mckellan cant act because I dont like some of the choices he made playing Gandalf- and I dont like all the dialogue Pj gave him, then accusing him of only getting the job because he looks a bit old. It wouldnt be fair, or accurate.

what do you mean? bad-mouth her physical appearance? I have never done any such thing-unless you mean dolly bird is that an insult now?


Last edited by Mrs Figg on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Posts : 23073
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 89
Location : Holding The Door

Back to top Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Rigby on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:33 am

Yeah! Dolly bird's FTW!
Rigby
Rigby
Clue-finder

Posts : 101
Join date : 2013-03-01

Back to top Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Mrs Figg on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:34 am

is dolly bird an insult? oops its news to me. i thought it meant someone is pretty, silly me.

_________________
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Posts : 23073
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 89
Location : Holding The Door

Back to top Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Rigby on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:36 am

That's what I thought too, although I did realize there were certain negative connotations too; like generic beauty etc, etc.
Rigby
Rigby
Clue-finder

Posts : 101
Join date : 2013-03-01

Back to top Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:36 am

I can if need be go get more quotes where you critise her for having 'dead eyes', where you go on about the length of her skirts, insist she is only there for her looks ect- I choose to only post one such quote above as I did think a whole page full was not necessary to make the point and absolve myself of the acusation of delibretly misleading.
You already challenged me on this and called me a liar, Id advise not doing so again.

dolly bird is someone pretty- although usually also empty headed- so hardly a compliment- and when you use it as the reason she got the job over any talent then its clearly meant as an insult.

_________________
Pure Publications, The Tower of Lore and the Former Admin's Office are Reasonably Proud to Present-



A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.


- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view



*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Posts : 42066
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 47
Location : Scotshobbitland

Back to top Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Rigby on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:40 am

I suspect MCA, or Mrs Figg, used it to describe her beauty rather than insult Karen's intelligence; and she's right you know, she was cast because the Doctor's assistants are nearly always young & pretty women and she met that criteria. Obviously they knew she could act too.
Rigby
Rigby
Clue-finder

Posts : 101
Join date : 2013-03-01

Back to top Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Mrs Figg on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:41 am

I still dont get why you are so rattled by me commenting on her acting skills or lack thereof, who gives a shit?

_________________
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Posts : 23073
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 89
Location : Holding The Door

Back to top Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Rigby on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:42 am

You can't deny she's a half decent actress though. Wink
Rigby
Rigby
Clue-finder

Posts : 101
Join date : 2013-03-01

Back to top Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Mrs Figg on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:45 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I can if need be go get more quotes where you critise her for having 'dead eyes', where you go on about the length of her skirts, insist she is only there for her looks ect- I choose to only post one such quote above as I did think a whole page full was not necessary to make the point and absolve myself of the acusation of delibretly misleading.
You already challenged me on this and called me a liar, Id advise not doing so again.

dolly bird is someone pretty- although usually also empty headed- so hardly a compliment- and when you use it as the reason she got the job over any talent then its clearly meant as an insult.

you accused me of commenting on her as a person, I maintain this is a lie. I have commented on her acting and the casting, never about her as a human being as I KNOW NOTHING about her as a human being, therefore its a LIE.

_________________
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Posts : 23073
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 89
Location : Holding The Door

Back to top Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Rigby on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:46 am

Yeah Petty; there's more to people than just their looks you know!
Rigby
Rigby
Clue-finder

Posts : 101
Join date : 2013-03-01

Back to top Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Mrs Figg on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:47 am

Rigby wrote:You can't deny she's a half decent actress though. Wink

erm half decent half overrated is my guess. Laughing

_________________
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Posts : 23073
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 89
Location : Holding The Door

Back to top Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:47 am

I still dont get why you are so rattled- Mrs Figg

I thought I had been clear on that- I find it unpleasant and disengenous, whether its an actor, actress or someone I know- I dont like hearing people being bad mouthed with no reason other than to bad mouth them-critiscms of someones work is one thing, personal remarks another, which is how it seems to me you respond on this topic, with personal remarks more often than not.

_________________
Pure Publications, The Tower of Lore and the Former Admin's Office are Reasonably Proud to Present-



A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.


- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view



*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Posts : 42066
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 47
Location : Scotshobbitland

Back to top Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Rigby on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:48 am

I think we are making real progress here guys.
Rigby
Rigby
Clue-finder

Posts : 101
Join date : 2013-03-01

Back to top Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Mrs Figg on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:49 am

and you dont I suppose? Holier than Thou.


Last edited by Mrs Figg on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Posts : 23073
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 89
Location : Holding The Door

Back to top Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Mrs Figg on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:49 am

Rigby wrote:I think we are making real progress here guys.

No

(((fook dat Suspect ))))

_________________
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Posts : 23073
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 89
Location : Holding The Door

Back to top Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Rigby on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:50 am

Uh, well I am making some solid progress in my Ancient Greek Poetry clas- HEY- this is about you + Petty!
Rigby
Rigby
Clue-finder

Posts : 101
Join date : 2013-03-01

Back to top Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Rigby on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:51 am

Oh, you were talking to Petty. Splendid!
Rigby
Rigby
Clue-finder

Posts : 101
Join date : 2013-03-01

Back to top Go down

star trek thread - Page 21 Empty Re: star trek thread

Post by Pettytyrant101 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:51 am

No I rarely make personal derogatory comments about people unless its quite clearly in an overblown manner intended to be read as humour, you have made such remarks without any humour in the past but in seeming earnestness- I do complain a lot about peoples work however.

_________________
Pure Publications, The Tower of Lore and the Former Admin's Office are Reasonably Proud to Present-



A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.


- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view



*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Posts : 42066
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 47
Location : Scotshobbitland

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum